[SOLVED] Air dusted PC now it will not post

Akhem

Reputable
Feb 3, 2020
Specs: Asus 270z LGA mobo, i7 7700K, RTX 2070, corsiar 8gb 3200mhz, samsung M.2, crucial 1 tb ssd.

I was air dusting my pc in the garage. The garage was 30 F (~0C) and I kept the can vertical as one can (pun intended). I cleaned her up put new fans in her then brought into my room which was 70F (20C). I pluged her in an her mobo rgb lite up and once I turned her on she blew. I plugged in another PSU to see if that was the problem but it remained to not post, but the mobo "on" switch would blink so I don't know what to make of that. I'm wondering if the temperature caused condensation which made her fry. I didn't come close to the res/pwr wires. Can anyone make any reason as to why it pooped out on me? And if so would it fry nything else other than the mobo?

Last edited:
Solution
Specs: Asus 270z LGA mobo, i7 7700K, RTX 2070, corsiar 8gb 3200mhz, samsung M.2, crucial 1 tb ssd.

I was air dusting my pc in the garage. The garage was 30 F (~0C) and I kept the can vertical as one can (pun intended). I cleaned her up put new fans in her then brought into my room which was 70F (20C). I pluged her in an her mobo rgb lite up and once I turned her on she blew. I plugged in another PSU to see if that was the problem but it remained to not post, but the mobo "on" switch would blink so I don't know what to make of that. I'm wondering if the temperature caused condensation which made her fry. I didn't come close to the res/pwr wires. Can anyone make any reason as to why it pooped out on me? And if so would it fry nything...

kanewolf

Titan

I was air dusting my pc in the garage. The garage was 30 F (~0C) and I kept the can vertical as one can (pun intended). I cleaned her up put new fans in her then brought into my room which was 70F (20C). I pluged her in an her mobo rgb lite up and once I turned her on she blew. I plugged in another PSU to see if that was the problem but it remained to not post, but the mobo "on" switch would blink so I don't know what to make of that. I'm wondering if the temperature caused condensation which made her fry. I didn't come close to the res/pwr wires. Can anyone make any reason as to why it pooped out on me? And if so would it fry nything else other than the mobo?
My guess is that something came loose and caused the short, since you said "she blew". Probably just the motion/vibration of the movement rather than the dusting. Start with a bright focused flashlight to see if you see anything out-of-place.

Solution

Akhem

Reputable
Feb 3, 2020
My guess is that something came loose and caused the short, since you said "she blew". Probably just the motion/vibration of the movement rather than the dusting. Start with a bright focused flashlight to see if you see anything out-of-place.
There is some electrical buzz so I'll try what you said when I get home