fishhawk

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2005
I would like to know,would it be worth putting a fan on back side of mother board? Cut through case panle and mobo mounting plate.To blow directly on back of mobo_OR just even cut holes in a pattern just on mobo mounting plate to allow a little better air flow on back side. Any ideas on this?

fishhawk

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2005
That is what i meant with the fan,from the out side straight through.Would this be worth it. Or maybe just a pattern of holes on back of the mounting plate not though the case. just an idea,and would like input. Would this give any type of improvement on over clocking. Thanx

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by fishhawk on 08/03/05 02:30 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'd consider an exhaust fan there...

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
I did this once but all it did was add more dust the cooling effect was nothing. I have found if a 120 mm fan is placed on the top of the case between the cdrom and psu this gives the best cooling but make sure this fan is sucking the heat out. 2 80mm on in front of the case blowing air in , the one on the back sucking air out.
This setup was 2 to 7 degrees cooler than any air setup i tried.

when the team loses blame it on the noob's I was shot for a plane now my goal it to hunt them down<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by gomerpile on 08/07/05 10:40 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
oK sounds good to me dude would'nt want to cause hearing problems. Nothing worse than not being able to hear the wife nagging because of a fan. I was going to suggest trying the vacuum cleaner and use the blower for air but I changed my mind because I could'nt hear the phone ringing, that is an importand thing around here. Going to play bf for a while going to turn it up so loud that the neighbours will think our city is in battle hopefully the axis are noobs and tkers. Friggen plane theifs.

when the team loses blame it on the noob's I was shot for a plane now my goal it to hunt them down