Question Air/Water Cooler for Ryzen 5 3600

yanna1

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2016
Hi,

I am looking for some advice on keeping my system cool. My specs are..

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte B450 AORUS M
Corsair 8GB (2x 4GB) 3000Mhz DDR4 Vengeance
ASUS - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB Cerberus
1TB 860 evo SSD
650W Seasonic FOCUS Plus Gold

Corsair Carbide Series 88R Case

I have a total of 4 fans. Two intakes and two exhausts. The cpu just has the stock cooler.

I have three of the Aerocool Project 7 P7 F12 (120mm) RGB Fans and one Cougar Vortex PWM 120mm fan. Two of the Aerocool fans are used as front intakes. The other Aerocool fan is on the rear as an exhaust and the Cougar is up top also as an exhaust.

Currently I am getting around 45-60c at idle or just some doing web browsing etc. When I am playing a game I get around 70-75c but no higher, that I have noticed. I have been using Ryzen Master to monitor this. From what I have read these temps seem to be the norm.

However I would like to improve it if I can either by adding a cpu air cooler or water cooler.

I would be really interested to know if you have a similar set up or case size and what temps you get. Also with the massive amount of choice in coolers I am finding it difficult to pick one. I would say I could spend up to £80 GBP on a new cooler if it was going to improve my temps. My case states that the maximum CPU cooler height is 150mm which seems to rule a lot of the air coolers out.

Thank you

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
I think the cheapest AIO 240mm is Corsair H100x. It competes with it's bigger brothers that cost almost twice as much.
I have to admit I am biased, I just got one. Only downside I have found is that Corsair Link doesn't work, by design. So can't control fans via Corsairs software, have to do that via BIOS. I don't care, it is a 'set it and forget it'-deal anyway.
And only 1 color shining on cooler, can't remember, is it white? Can't switch it. Again, don't care.

yanna1

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2016
Thank you for your suggestion.

Corsair H100x does look the part however I came across the H7 Quad Lumi Single Tower Heatsink with Lumi RGB System.

Gets some cracking reviews however it’s got me puzzled how I would connect this when I already have an RGB 3 case fan set up using my internal usb on the motherboard. They do an non RGB version for £35 which seems a good deal to. Would save me the headache of trying to work out how it connects to the motherboard.

Anyone got any thoughts on the Cryorig H7?

Thanks