[SOLVED] Airave 2.5

DiGon

Commendable
Apr 17, 2021
I have this thing sitting around and have for a while. Is it still useful or should I just toss it?

Solution
The airrave uses your home's internet to create a mini cell repeater inside your home. So if you have good broadband like cable internet, you can get great cell reception inside your house using one of these.

The 2.5 is probably still fine for CDMA voice and texts, you need an Airrave 3 or 4 to get LTE data. You can get an updated model for FREE if you call sprint and qualify. To qualify, I think you just need to be on the fringe of their coverage map. https://www.sprint.com/en/support/solutions/device/airave-support-center.html

Is there a cost associated with Sprint Airave?
Airave is free to use and there are no upfront costs. However, if you do not plug in and use your Airave or return it, you can be charged a...

DiGon

Commendable
Apr 17, 2021
Yes it is. Question is, what exactly is it? Is it old technology? Is it worth using. I have replaced so many modems, this that and the other thing that I have no idea what this is or if I even need it. I am not computer savvy at all, in case you have not noticed. I read about this thing but it appears the info I read is pretty old which leads me to believe I should just toss this.

DiGon

Commendable
Apr 17, 2021
I am on Sprint. I don't use it but should I be? I live somewhat away from town and my cell phone coverage can be a challenge. I recently found this thing and am wondering if I should hook it up or if it current enough for the technology today.

USAFRet

Titan
I am on Sprint. I don't use it but should I be? I live somewhat away from town and my cell phone coverage can be a challenge. I recently found this thing and am wondering if I should hook it up or if it current enough for the technology today.
That is an ancient device.

--------------------------
The AIRAVE 2.5+ provides a boosted signal for your wireless voice and 3G data services.
-------------------------

You can ask Sprint, but it looks like fleabay or landfill material.

The airrave uses your home's internet to create a mini cell repeater inside your home. So if you have good broadband like cable internet, you can get great cell reception inside your house using one of these.

The 2.5 is probably still fine for CDMA voice and texts, you need an Airrave 3 or 4 to get LTE data. You can get an updated model for FREE if you call sprint and qualify. To qualify, I think you just need to be on the fringe of their coverage map. https://www.sprint.com/en/support/solutions/device/airave-support-center.html

Is there a cost associated with Sprint Airave?
Airave is free to use and there are no upfront costs. However, if you do not plug in and use your Airave or return it, you can be charged a non-return fee. Refer to next question if you wish to initiate a return or call Sprint Customer Care at 1-866-556-7310.

You may want to return the Airrave 2.5. If you ever leave sprint service, they may charge you for it if it isn't returned to them. The same as not returning a cable box to comcast.

However, I know with Verizon and Tmobile, they have WIFI calling baked into many phones these days. Sprint may be the same, you probably don't need one of these as long as you have your phone connected to wifi.

Solution