Jul 20, 2015
My Build:

CPU: i5-8600k
GPU: Gigabyte 1060 G1 Gaming
CPU Cooler: H7 Cryorig
Case: Thermaltake Versa C22
Mobo: Asus Z370-E
Case Fans: 120mm exhaust that came with chassis

All settings are at the defaults from box. The Versa C22 has pretty terrible airflow and I am going to be swapping it out with a Meshify C in the next week along with an extra 120mm fan as exhaust since that case only comes with three.

My current temperatures:

The CPU runs at 30 - 35 C while on light loads such as chrome or just idling. When doing some gaming (7DtD, RimWorld, Divinity OS, etc) it's getting into the 50's-70's . The ambient temperature is around 21 C. I'm using the cpu monitor from Alcpu.

Concerns:

This is my second build, first of which I've had to add the thermal paste myself. I know the overall airflow in the case is a huge factor as well as the lack of intake fans but I'm wondering if I did something wrong with the CPU Cooler/Thermal Paste application (I used pea method which was more like half a peanut).

I've read around about the i5's different operating temps with the H7 and bench test findings but would really appreciate a second, and probably better, opinion than my own.

I'll update in the next week or so when the new case and fans come.

Solution
Have you OC'd the processor at all, or is it running completely stock? 70C isn't too bad for gaming. For future reference, I'd highly recommend downloading https://www.hwinfo.com/ HWinfo. It will give most of the users around here the information we need to help you the most. If something was wrong with the TIM application, you'd know. Trust me. You can always bench the system/run it without side panels and see if the temps improve at all.
Have you OC'd the processor at all, or is it running completely stock? 70C isn't too bad for gaming. For future reference, I'd highly recommend downloading https://www.hwinfo.com/ HWinfo. It will give most of the users around here the information we need to help you the most. If something was wrong with the TIM application, you'd know. Trust me. You can always bench the system/run it without side panels and see if the temps improve at all.

Solution