Airflow / fan question

paroll

Prominent
Aug 23, 2017
Sorry in advance if this is a stupid question. First of all here is my build

>Ryzen 1600, MSI B350 Tomahawk, GTX 1050ti, Seasonic 520w, 8gb ram, Corsair Carbide Spec-01

I built this last week but forgot to buy case fans. My PC came with one in the front included so I never thought anything of it. Well, I've been getting kinda hot temps so I decided to add some case fans. Thing is, I ordered two Arctic fans on Amazon but it's only after I bought them that I realized they're running a low 53 CFM. Will this be enough to keep my rig running cool and make a significant temp difference? Should I return the Arctic ones and buy +70 CFM fans?

Here is link to fans if ever it helps https://www.amazon.ca/Arctic-F12-Rev-PWM-standard/dp/B00H3T1KBE/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Again, sorry if my question is stupid.

Solution
Those fans will work well. They get up to 1350rpm which is the best point. Any higher and it gets louder. I'd keep the fans instead of paying the return costs. Make sure one is added to the front and one to the rear. It'll cool your system enough. The 1050ti doesn't produce a lot of heat and the 1600 at stock is the same.

grana92

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2014
From what I can see you bought static pressure fans, they are used for CPU coolers and radiators (when air needs to be pushed trough tight spaces such as water cooling radiators or heat syncs). Air Flow fans are used for mounting on the case. And it's always good to have positive air pressure in your case (more intake fans than exhaust)

Those fans will work well. They get up to 1350rpm which is the best point. Any higher and it gets louder. I'd keep the fans instead of paying the return costs. Make sure one is added to the front and one to the rear. It'll cool your system enough. The 1050ti doesn't produce a lot of heat and the 1600 at stock is the same.

Solution

paroll

Prominent
Aug 23, 2017
So the fans I bought are for CPU coolers? I'll still be able to use them as case fans, right? I noticed afterwards that the regular Arctic F12 are 73 CFM so I'm not sure if I should be using those. I imagine they're louder but I could live with it if it cools my system better.

The difference between case fans and radiator (restricted) fans is not much. So, if you already bought them then don't worry. As I said before, your build isn't a hot box, so having 2 intake and 1 exhaust fans is fine.