Question Airflow suggestion

There's no point in using side spot for exhaust, if you set up rear exhaust fan.

But for intake it would need a dust filter.

TTC-EFG120MB_01.jpg

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
There's a big difference between air and air flow. You could mount a fan on the side panel and get a ton of air dumped into the case, but have next to no actual airflow. You'll see immediate temp differences on things like the gpu and cpu, but it's the far reaching temps that are important. Those being the case temps after an hour of heavy gaming where the case is fully heat saturated, everything from cpu/gpu to drives has steadily increased in temp, because what's going out is less than what's coming in and none of it is orderly. The air doesn't flow, it just goes around in circles, bringing the heat with it.

1 fan in front, 1 fan in back and block off the side panel hole. Gives the case the best chance of actual flow. That'll regulate case temps overall far better than a side fan, which just ends up blowing air in every direction.

Sagi sason

Great
Mar 11, 2020
There's a big difference between air and air flow. You could mount a fan on the side panel and get a ton of air dumped into the case, but have next to no actual airflow. You'll see immediate temp differences on things like the gpu and cpu, but it's the far reaching temps that are important. Those being the case temps after an hour of heavy gaming where the case is fully heat saturated, everything from cpu/gpu to drives has steadily increased in temp, because what's going out is less than what's coming in and none of it is orderly. The air doesn't flow, it just goes around in circles, bringing the heat with it.

1 fan in front, 1 fan in back and block off the side panel hole. Gives the case the best chance of actual flow. That'll regulate case temps overall far better than a side fan, which just ends up blowing air in every direction.
Wow, thank you. But I also need to install a dust filter for the front fan?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Open the door/pull off the front panel. From the picture it has venting on the side at the front, so the fan will ge in there and there should be a filter although there's no guarantee of that.

Case looks very familiar, just can't remember what it is exactly.

Sagi sason

Great
Mar 11, 2020
Open the door/pull off the front panel. From the picture it has venting on the side at the front, so the fan will ge in there and there should be a filter although there's no guarantee of that.

Case looks very familiar, just can't remember what it is exactly.
I didn't understand, there is no filter in the case but there are a venting on the sides, it means I don't need a filter?
View: https://imgur.com/a/F2Fiawt
I found an old PC and took his fans just for now
But they are almost not doing nothing

And also, it's just a very cheap prebuilt PC so I don't think it even have a name

Last edited:
does it means I can't install a dust filter?
You certainly can install fan filters.
Problem is - your case is not built with fan filters in mind. It's not even built with airflow in mind.

There are a lot of openings, that let unfiltered air in. The case supports small size fans (they're loud and not very efficient). You'll have to do a lot of modding to make it function properly. And you'll probably will never be able to make it function as any modern airflow oriented pc case.

Sagi sason

Great
Mar 11, 2020
You certainly can install fan filters.
Problem is - your case is not built with fan filters in mind. It's not even built with airflow in mind.

There are a lot of openings, that let unfiltered air in. The case supports small size fans (they're loud and not very efficient). You'll have to do a lot of modding to make it function properly. And you'll probably will never be able to make it function as any modern airflow oriented pc case.
I don't have a high end pc, all I need is just to babble a little air flow for cooling. I think it would be enough.
It's just i3 8100 and gtx 1050 ti

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Is it possible to mount that front fan inside the case? That would solve multiple issues. And an air filter can cost next to nothing, you can build one out of an old pair of panty hose, some glue and a piece of plastic with a hole cut in the center. One of those magnetic signs ppl use on cars etc found in any hardware store would be ideal.

Sagi sason

Great
Mar 11, 2020
Is it possible to mount that front fan inside the case? That would solve multiple issues. And an air filter can cost next to nothing, you can build one out of an old pair of panty hose, some glue and a piece of plastic with a hole cut in the center. One of those magnetic signs ppl use on cars etc found in any hardware store would be ideal.
no, its not possible to mount it inside.