[SOLVED] Airflow vs Cooling vs Quiet setup (Meshify C)

Lukhino

Reputable
Jul 8, 2020
Hello guys,

is anyone here who help me how to setup all fans (quiet setup + airflow)
I have in this moment this setup

https://ibb.co/0yCPBsL

How to setup fans to good airflow + quiet setup
Example:

3xfront arctic P12PMW intake - max about 800RPM

2x top arctic P14PMW - 1x intake / 1x exhaust - max about 500RPM

1x rear arctic P12 PMW - exaust - max .about 800RPM. Is better to change this fan for Dynamic X2 GP-12 (stock fan)

Thank you for help
Lukas

Solution
Opinions differ.
I think I would use two 140mm front intakes.
140 mm fans turn slower for a given airflow and will be quieter.
Motherboard control can adjust the noise vs. cooling equation.
Whatever air that comes in the front will eventually exit somewhere, taking component heat with it.
I would use the single 120mm rear fan as an exhaust. The purpose is to direct the airflow over the motherboard components that need cooling.

If you use top exhausts, they will divert the airstream up and out the top instead of over the motherboard.
Opinions differ.
Whatever air that comes in the front will eventually exit somewhere, taking component heat with it.
I would use the single 120mm rear fan as an exhaust. The purpose is to direct the airflow over the motherboard components that need cooling.

If you use top exhausts, they will divert the airstream up and out the top instead of over the motherboard.

Solution

Lukhino

Reputable
Jul 8, 2020
Opinions differ.

Thank you for tip..
But when i use 2x140 on the front side.. i think GPU will have bad airflow...or?

https://ibb.co/b2Svj86

I have a Meshify C so perhaps this'll throw some weight into the ring.
  • 2x140mm in the front. I felt that having 3x120mm wasn't really useful because the bottom fan is mostly servicing dead space and I felt the middle fan hitting my video card directly wasn't going to help it much.
  • 1x120mm fan on the top-back. I didn't populate the top-front part because having it as an exhaust just means it's sucking air from the front-top fan and it'll be fighting the CPU fan in terms of direction. Having the top-front fan as an intake felt redundant.
  • A fan in the rear, because it's basically a requirement.
For context as to what I'm getting, with a Ryzen 5600X cooled by an Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo (two 120mm fans installed), with a -20mV undervolt, it can usually maintain below 55C in a 25C ambient condition. For my video card, it's easy to get it to maintain around 60C-70C when I'm playing a game. The case fan speeds are usually around 30-50%, and they're all Noctua Redux fans.