Question Airflow

tibsy

Reputable
Jul 10, 2019
im using an Aerocool Quartz blue case and ive noticed my temps are quite high. earlier today i was playing fortnite and my cpu temps were between 69-73 and when i took off the front panel of the case so the front fans were exposed, my cpu temps dropped down to 48-52 degrees in a few minutes. my case has 2 fans in the front and 1 in the back. it originally came with 3 but in the front but 1 broke.
is there anything i can do to fix this issue apart from buying another case or spending money.
thanks for the help

dstln

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
Looking at that case, I don't really understand how the intake fans even work at first glance. Is it even bringing any outside air in the front?

Can you just leave the glass front off? That seems to be a poor cooling setup if you can't.

Ideally the air would seep in between the edges of the plate glass and the plastic front panel shroud. I can't find good enough documentation that details how the front panel assembly is...assembled though. Without that info, I can't say what you'd do to improve your situation. Usually it revolves around making more open area for the air to flow into the front (cutting vents larger, etc)