AIW 9000 - How to Get Audio Out to TV?

None

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2002

I have an AIW 9000. I was surprised to find out that it only has SPDIF
audio out (my mistake for not reading more carefully!).

I am wondering how to connect this to my TV that only has the standard
red/white RCA audio inputs? Am I screwed or what? Should I save my
money for an AIW 9600?

Thanks,

Stan

None <None@aol.com> wrote in news:108t879qa40pre2@corp.supernews.com:

> I have an AIW 9000. I was surprised to find out that it only has SPDIF
> audio out (my mistake for not reading more carefully!).
>
> I am wondering how to connect this to my TV that only has the standard
> red/white RCA audio inputs? Am I screwed or what? Should I save my
> money for an AIW 9600?

`

You will have to get one of those Y-Adapter cables that has two RCA female
plugs (for the red/white) and a 1/8" (3.5 mm) jack (for the speaker out on
the sound card on your computer).

Something like this:

http://www.radioshack.ca/estore/Product.aspx?language=en-CA&product=4212208&category=Cable+Adapters&catalog=RadioShack

-lyj

None

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2002

LastYJ wrote:
> None <None@aol.com> wrote in news:108t879qa40pre2@corp.supernews.com:
>

>>I have an AIW 9000. I was surprised to find out that it only has SPDIF
>>audio out (my mistake for not reading more carefully!).
>>
>>I am wondering how to connect this to my TV that only has the standard
>>red/white RCA audio inputs? Am I screwed or what? Should I save my
>>money for an AIW 9600?
>>

> `
>
> You will have to get one of those Y-Adapter cables that has two RCA female
> plugs (for the red/white) and a 1/8" (3.5 mm) jack (for the speaker out on
> the sound card on your computer).
>
> Something like this:
>
> http://www.radioshack.ca/estore/Product.aspx?language=en-CA&product=4212208&category=Cable+Adapters&catalog=RadioShack
>

> -lyj

That works if I don't mind manually switching between the TV speakers
and PC speakers. I guess buying a new sound card with line out (and
your recommended adapter cable) would also work. Unfortunately my
on-board sound does not include a line out.

Thanks,

Stan