AIW Radeon and VIA chipsets

speedracer

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2001
I've been shopping around for a new system based around a 1.2 Athlon with a VIA or AMD 750 chipset, I haven't decided if the DDR is worth the extra money (no motherboard preference yet). I'm leaning towards the Millennia MAX XP at micron. Problem is nobody seems to be offering the AIW Radeon when configuring the system. I emailed the sales department at ABS Computers and this was their response, does anybody know or have experienced this incompatibility?

"Up to now, the All In Wonder Radeon did not function properly with the VIA chipset... new drivers by VIA could solve the problems but we have not yet completed our testing."

Thanks in advance...

speedracer

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2001
After looking thru previous posts (guess I should have done that first huh) I found the answer. It seems all the problems are related to the Asus A7V and Via chipset. I really want this card in my system, does anybody know a m/b chipset configuration this board is stable on? I would prefer a Athlon based system but I'll consider a Pentium (I can't believe I just said that). Any help or suggestions would be really appreciated! Thanks...