AIW128Pro..MMC7.7..Library

I have an All in Wonder 128 Pro in a Win2000 system. I'm using the
w2k_r128_5_13_01_3279 display drivers and MMC-7-7-0-1-noDVD. It recorded
some video in VCR format before I got it changed to MP2. I'd like to
convert them if possible. When I try to run Library nothing happens.
Everything else that doesn't require a Radeon seems to work. Is their
something else I need to download? Could it be because I'm running this
version of MMC on Win2000?
Other than display drivers and MMC I don't really understand the different
Radeon software.

Thanx

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 17:36:24 GMT, "T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid>
wrote:

>I have an All in Wonder 128 Pro in a Win2000 system. I'm using the
>w2k_r128_5_13_01_3279 display drivers and MMC-7-7-0-1-noDVD. It recorded
>some video in VCR format before I got it changed to MP2. I'd like to
>convert them if possible. When I try to run Library nothing happens.
>Everything else that doesn't require a Radeon seems to work. Is their
>something else I need to download? Could it be because I'm running this
>version of MMC on Win2000?
>Other than display drivers and MMC I don't really understand the different
>Radeon software.
>
>Thanx

This is an old problem, T, basically the install fails to load a .dll
file that Library needs - called, ironically enough, atioops.dll! If
you hunt around in the Rage3D forum (http://www.rage3d.com/board/),
you should be able to find an old thread with a download link for the
file and instructions on how to install it.

patrickp

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 20:36:11 +0100, patrickp <me@privacy.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 17:36:24 GMT, "T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid>
>wrote:
>
>>I have an All in Wonder 128 Pro in a Win2000 system. I'm using the
>>w2k_r128_5_13_01_3279 display drivers and MMC-7-7-0-1-noDVD. It recorded
>>some video in VCR format before I got it changed to MP2. I'd like to
>>convert them if possible. When I try to run Library nothing happens.
>>Everything else that doesn't require a Radeon seems to work. Is their
>>something else I need to download? Could it be because I'm running this
>>version of MMC on Win2000?
>>Other than display drivers and MMC I don't really understand the different
>>Radeon software.
>>
>>Thanx
>>

>This is an old problem, T, basically the install fails to load a .dll
>file that Library needs - called, ironically enough, atioops.dll! If
>you hunt around in the Rage3D forum (http://www.rage3d.com/board/),
>you should be able to find an old thread with a download link for the
>file and instructions on how to install it.
>
>patrickp
>
>patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me

T, I just had a look on the Rage3D board and couldn't find it: maybe
it's not there any more. Email me and I'll send you the file and what
to do with it.

patrickp

Found the link for the file

http://www.dars.com.ru:8100/download/support/atitech/mmc/mmcdvd78/mlibrary/atioops.dll

Instructions:

You need to place the file in your MLibrary directory: "C:\Program Files\ATI
Multimedia\MLibrary\Atioops.dll" by default.

If the library program still doesn't work go to start->run and type:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\MLibrary\Atioops.dll"

replacing the path if necessary.

Hope this helps out.

Anthony

"Anthony Rondon" <HorndFrog@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> Found the link for the file

http://www.dars.com.ru:8100/download/support/atitech/mmc/mmcdvd78/mlibrary/atioops.dll

> Instructions:
>
> You need to place the file in your MLibrary directory: "C:\Program
Files\ATI
> Multimedia\MLibrary\Atioops.dll" by default.
>
> If the library program still doesn't work go to start->run and type:
>
> regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\MLibrary\Atioops.dll"
>
> replacing the path if necessary.
>

> Hope this helps out.
>
> Anthony
>

> "patrickp" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> > On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 20:36:11 +0100, patrickp <me@privacy.net> wrote:

> different

> > >This is an old problem, T, basically the install fails to load a .dll
> > >file that Library needs - called, ironically enough, atioops.dll! If
> > >you hunt around in the Rage3D forum (http://www.rage3d.com/board/),
> > >you should be able to find an old thread with a download link for the
> > >file and instructions on how to install it.
> > >
> > >patrickp
> > >
> > >patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me
> >

> > T, I just had a look on the Rage3D board and couldn't find it: maybe
> > it's not there any more. Email me and I'll send you the file and what
> > to do with it.
> >
> > patrickp
> >
> > patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me

Thanks a lot to both of you. Couldn't find it with Google or Yahoo. Got side
tracked by a review of the HDTV Wonder. Impressive! Waiting for it to also
get a 9600 or 9800.

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 02:01:52 GMT, "T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid>
wrote:

>"Anthony Rondon" <HorndFrog@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>> Found the link for the file
>>

>http://www.dars.com.ru:8100/download/support/atitech/mmc/mmcdvd78/mlibrary/atioops.dll
>>
>> Instructions:
>>
>> You need to place the file in your MLibrary directory: "C:\Program
>Files\ATI
>> Multimedia\MLibrary\Atioops.dll" by default.
>>
>> If the library program still doesn't work go to start->run and type:
>>
>> regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\MLibrary\Atioops.dll"
>>
>> replacing the path if necessary.
>>

>> Hope this helps out.
>>
>> Anthony
>>

>> "patrickp" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

>recorded
>this
>> different

>> > T, I just had a look on the Rage3D board and couldn't find it: maybe
>> > it's not there any more. Email me and I'll send you the file and what
>> > to do with it.
>> >
>> > patrickp
>> >
>> > patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me
>>
>Thanks a lot to both of you. Couldn't find it with Google or Yahoo. Got side
>tracked by a review of the HDTV Wonder. Impressive! Waiting for it to also
>get a 9600 or 9800.

I couldn't get Anthony's link to work, but YMMV. If you get a more
up-to-date card, T, (i.e. any Radeon AIW or VIVO) you'll be able to
run MMC 8.x or 9.x, which don't have that problem - they have their
own! ;-)

patrickp

> On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 02:01:52 GMT, "T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid>
> wrote:
>

> >"Anthony Rondon" <HorndFrog@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> >> Found the link for the file
> >>

>http://www.dars.com.ru:8100/download/support/atitech/mmc/mmcdvd78/mlibrary/
atioops.dll

> >> Instructions:
> >>
> >> You need to place the file in your MLibrary directory: "C:\Program
> >Files\ATI
> >> Multimedia\MLibrary\Atioops.dll" by default.
> >>
> >> If the library program still doesn't work go to start->run and type:
> >>
> >> regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\MLibrary\Atioops.dll"
> >>
> >> replacing the path if necessary.
> >>

> >> Hope this helps out.
> >>
> >> Anthony
> >>

> >> "patrickp" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

<knone@zilch.com.invalid>

> >recorded
> >this
> >> different

If

> >Thanks a lot to both of you. Couldn't find it with Google or Yahoo. Got
side
> >tracked by a review of the HDTV Wonder. Impressive! Waiting for it to
also
> >get a 9600 or 9800.
> >

> I couldn't get Anthony's link to work, but YMMV. If you get a more
> up-to-date card, T, (i.e. any Radeon AIW or VIVO) you'll be able to
> run MMC 8.x or 9.x, which don't have that problem - they have their
> own! ;-)
>
> patrickp
>
> patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me

I Found the file and installed it but Library still fails to initialize.

Running regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\MLibrary\Atioops.dll"
gives me the message :

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\MLibrary\Atioops.dll" is not an
executable and no registration helper is registered for this file type.

The source of the file appeared to be a Russion FTP site. The file paths
makes me wonder if the DVD player needs to be installed? I have other
software for that and never installed it.

The 128 Pro will be going back into an older computer so it would be nice to
get Library runnig if its not going to be a real pain in the
a......er........neck.

"T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
> "patrickp" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> > On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 02:01:52 GMT, "T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid>
> > wrote:
> >

> > >"Anthony Rondon" <HorndFrog@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> > >>

>http://www.dars.com.ru:8100/download/support/atitech/mmc/mmcdvd78/mlibrary/
> atioops.dll

> > >Files\ATI

> <knone@zilch.com.invalid>

> > >recorded
> happens.
> their
> > >this

> .dll
> If
(http://www.rage3d.com/board/),
> the

maybe
> what

> > >Thanks a lot to both of you. Couldn't find it with Google or Yahoo. Got
> side
> > >tracked by a review of the HDTV Wonder. Impressive! Waiting for it to
> also
> > >get a 9600 or 9800.
> > >

> > I couldn't get Anthony's link to work, but YMMV. If you get a more
> > up-to-date card, T, (i.e. any Radeon AIW or VIVO) you'll be able to
> > run MMC 8.x or 9.x, which don't have that problem - they have their
> > own! ;-)
> >
> > patrickp
> >
> > patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me
>

> I Found the file and installed it but Library still fails to initialize.
>
> Running regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\MLibrary\Atioops.dll"
> gives me the message :
>
> regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\MLibrary\Atioops.dll" is not an
> executable and no registration helper is registered for this file type.
>
> The source of the file appeared to be a Russion FTP site. The file paths
> makes me wonder if the DVD player needs to be installed? I have other
> software for that and never installed it.
>
> The 128 Pro will be going back into an older computer so it would be nice
> get Library runnig if its not going to be a real pain in the
> a......er........neck.

Try extracting the file "atioops.dll" from your CD (x:\install\MMC\data.cab)
and try that one, there might have been a version conflict with the one from
the website (MMC 7.8). Let us know.

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 15:48:45 GMT, "Anthony Rondon"
<HorndFrog@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>"T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
>> "patrickp" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

>>http://www.dars.com.ru:8100/download/support/atitech/mmc/mmcdvd78/mlibrary/
>> atioops.dll

>> <knone@zilch.com.invalid>

>the
>like
>> happens.
>> their
>running

>> .dll
>> If
>(http://www.rage3d.com/board/),
>> the

>maybe
>> what

>> side
>> also
>> > >

>> > I couldn't get Anthony's link to work, but YMMV. If you get a more
>> > up-to-date card, T, (i.e. any Radeon AIW or VIVO) you'll be able to
>> > run MMC 8.x or 9.x, which don't have that problem - they have their
>> > own! ;-)
>> >
>> > patrickp
>> >
>> > patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me
>>

>> I Found the file and installed it but Library still fails to initialize.
>>
>> Running regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\MLibrary\Atioops.dll"
>> gives me the message :
>>
>> regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\MLibrary\Atioops.dll" is not an
>> executable and no registration helper is registered for this file type.
>>
>> The source of the file appeared to be a Russion FTP site. The file paths
>> makes me wonder if the DVD player needs to be installed? I have other
>> software for that and never installed it.
>>
>> The 128 Pro will be going back into an older computer so it would be nice
>> get Library runnig if its not going to be a real pain in the
>> a......er........neck.
>>

>Try extracting the file "atioops.dll" from your CD (x:\install\MMC\data.cab)
>and try that one, there might have been a version conflict with the one from
>the website (MMC 7.8). Let us know.

Excellent thought, Anthony.

patrickp

> On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 15:48:45 GMT, "Anthony Rondon"
> <HorndFrog@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>

> >"T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
> >> "patrickp" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
<knone@zilch.com.invalid>

>>http://www.dars.com.ru:8100/download/support/atitech/mmc/mmcdvd78/mlibrary
/
> >> atioops.dll

> >> <knone@zilch.com.invalid>

> >the
It
> >like
> >> happens.
Is
> >> their
> >running

> >> .dll
> >> If
> >(http://www.rage3d.com/board/),
> >> the

> >maybe
> >> what

Got
> >> side
> >> also

> >> I Found the file and installed it but Library still fails to initialize
..

> >> Running regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\ATI
Multimedia\MLibrary\Atioops.dll"
> >> gives me the message :
> >>
> >> regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\MLibrary\Atioops.dll" is not
an
> >> executable and no registration helper is registered for this file type.
> >>
> >> The source of the file appeared to be a Russion FTP site. The file
paths
> >> makes me wonder if the DVD player needs to be installed? I have other
> >> software for that and never installed it.
> >>
> >> The 128 Pro will be going back into an older computer so it would be
nice
> >> get Library runnig if its not going to be a real pain in the
> >> a......er........neck.
> >>

> >Try extracting the file "atioops.dll" from your CD
(x:\install\MMC\data.cab)
> >and try that one, there might have been a version conflict with the one
from
> >the website (MMC 7.8). Let us know.
> >

> Excellent thought, Anthony.

HEHE, sometimes I have a brain fart.

> "T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
> > "patrickp" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

>http://www.dars.com.ru:8100/download/support/atitech/mmc/mmcdvd78/mlibrary/
> > atioops.dll

> > <knone@zilch.com.invalid>

> the
> like
> > happens.
> > their
> running

> > .dll
> > If
> (http://www.rage3d.com/board/),
> > the

> maybe
> > what

Got
> > side
> > also
> > > >

> > > I couldn't get Anthony's link to work, but YMMV. If you get a more
> > > up-to-date card, T, (i.e. any Radeon AIW or VIVO) you'll be able to
> > > run MMC 8.x or 9.x, which don't have that problem - they have their
> > > own! ;-)
> > >
> > > patrickp
> > >
> > > patrickp@5acoustibop.co.uk - take five to email me
> >

> > I Found the file and installed it but Library still fails to initialize.
> >
> > Running regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\MLibrary\Atioops.dll"
> > gives me the message :
> >
> > regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\MLibrary\Atioops.dll" is not
an
> > executable and no registration helper is registered for this file type.
> >
> > The source of the file appeared to be a Russion FTP site. The file paths
> > makes me wonder if the DVD player needs to be installed? I have other
> > software for that and never installed it.
> >
> > The 128 Pro will be going back into an older computer so it would be
nice
> > get Library runnig if its not going to be a real pain in the
> > a......er........neck.
> >

> Try extracting the file "atioops.dll" from your CD
(x:\install\MMC\data.cab)
> and try that one, there might have been a version conflict with the one
from
> the website (MMC 7.8). Let us know.

Well thats the problem. My original CD has MMC 6.2 and doesn't have Library.
The closest thing I have to an MMC folder is MMCDVD. I've tried to look at
the files inside Data.CAB. Doesn't seem to have ATIOOPS.DLL but Win2ks
expand function doen't seem to work to well with the files. Would only
extract some .ini file and say it could not open user.dat and another . dat
file.

> "Anthony Rondon" <HorndFrog@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
> > > "patrickp" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
<knone@zilch.com.invalid>

>http://www.dars.com.ru:8100/download/support/atitech/mmc/mmcdvd78/mlibrary/
> > > atioops.dll

"C:\Program

> type:

> > > <knone@zilch.com.invalid>

> > the
It
> > like
> > > happens.
Is
> > > their
> > running
> the

> > > .dll
> atioops.dll!
> > > If
> > (http://www.rage3d.com/board/),
> for
> > > the

> > maybe
> > > what

> Got
> > > side
> > > also

> > > I Found the file and installed it but Library still fails to
initialize.

> > > Running regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\ATI
Multimedia\MLibrary\Atioops.dll"
> > > gives me the message :
> > >
> > > regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\MLibrary\Atioops.dll" is not
> an
> > > executable and no registration helper is registered for this file
type.

> > > The source of the file appeared to be a Russion FTP site. The file
paths
> > > makes me wonder if the DVD player needs to be installed? I have other
> > > software for that and never installed it.
> > >
> > > The 128 Pro will be going back into an older computer so it would be
> nice
> > > get Library runnig if its not going to be a real pain in the
> > > a......er........neck.
> > >

> > Try extracting the file "atioops.dll" from your CD
> (x:\install\MMC\data.cab)
> > and try that one, there might have been a version conflict with the one
> from
> > the website (MMC 7.8). Let us know.
> >
> Well thats the problem. My original CD has MMC 6.2 and doesn't have
Library.
> The closest thing I have to an MMC folder is MMCDVD. I've tried to look at
> the files inside Data.CAB. Doesn't seem to have ATIOOPS.DLL but Win2ks
> expand function doen't seem to work to well with the files. Would only
> extract some .ini file and say it could not open user.dat and another .
dat
> file.

Hmm, I used winrar to browse the cab file, you may want to try it or use
another zip/unzip utility to see if its there. ATI's solution is to install
MMC 8.1. I don't know if it will work since your card is an AIW128 Pro. You
could also try downloading MMC 7.8 from the link I provided earlier. At
least it has the missing file.

Anthony

> "T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
> >
> > "Anthony Rondon" <HorndFrog@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
> <knone@zilch.com.invalid>

>http://www.dars.com.ru:8100/download/support/atitech/mmc/mmcdvd78/mlibrary/

> "C:\Program

> > type:

> using
> > > the
MMC-7-7-0-1-noDVD.
> It
I'd
> > > like
> Is
> > > running
> > the

> > atioops.dll!
> > > (http://www.rage3d.com/board/),
> > for

> > > maybe
> and

Yahoo.
> > Got

> initialize.

> Multimedia\MLibrary\Atioops.dll"

> > an
> type.

> paths

> > nice
> > > >

> > > Try extracting the file "atioops.dll" from your CD
> > (x:\install\MMC\data.cab)
> > > and try that one, there might have been a version conflict with the
one
> > from
> > > the website (MMC 7.8). Let us know.
> > >
> > Well thats the problem. My original CD has MMC 6.2 and doesn't have
> Library.
> > The closest thing I have to an MMC folder is MMCDVD. I've tried to look
at
> > the files inside Data.CAB. Doesn't seem to have ATIOOPS.DLL but Win2ks
> > expand function doen't seem to work to well with the files. Would only
> > extract some .ini file and say it could not open user.dat and another .
> dat
> > file.
>
> Hmm, I used winrar to browse the cab file, you may want to try it or use
> another zip/unzip utility to see if its there. ATI's solution is to
install
> MMC 8.1. I don't know if it will work since your card is an AIW128 Pro.
You
> could also try downloading MMC 7.8 from the link I provided earlier. At
> least it has the missing file.
>
> Anthony

I didn't see a zip file for MMC7.8 just individual files. I was hoping this
would be a simple fix. Guess I'll just wait till I get a new card.

Thanks again to both of you for your time and effort.

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 03:27:03 GMT, "T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid>
wrote:

>"Anthony Rondon" <HorndFrog@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Anthony Rondon" <HorndFrog@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

>> <knone@zilch.com.invalid>

>>http://www.dars.com.ru:8100/download/support/atitech/mmc/mmcdvd78/mlibrary/

>> "C:\Program

>> > type:

>> using
>MMC-7-7-0-1-noDVD.
>> It
>I'd
>work.
>> Is
>understand
>> > the

>load
>> > atioops.dll!
>link
>> > for

>it:
>> and

>Yahoo.
>> > Got
>it

>more
>their

>> initialize.

>> Multimedia\MLibrary\Atioops.dll"

>not
>> > an
>> type.

>> paths
>other

>> > nice

>> > (x:\install\MMC\data.cab)
>one
>> > from
>> > >
>> > Well thats the problem. My original CD has MMC 6.2 and doesn't have
>> Library.
>> > The closest thing I have to an MMC folder is MMCDVD. I've tried to look
>at
>> > the files inside Data.CAB. Doesn't seem to have ATIOOPS.DLL but Win2ks
>> > expand function doen't seem to work to well with the files. Would only
>> > extract some .ini file and say it could not open user.dat and another .
>> dat
>> > file.
>>
>> Hmm, I used winrar to browse the cab file, you may want to try it or use
>> another zip/unzip utility to see if its there. ATI's solution is to
>install
>> MMC 8.1. I don't know if it will work since your card is an AIW128 Pro.
>You
>> could also try downloading MMC 7.8 from the link I provided earlier. At
>> least it has the missing file.
>>
>> Anthony
>>

>I didn't see a zip file for MMC7.8 just individual files. I was hoping this
>would be a simple fix. Guess I'll just wait till I get a new card.
>
>Thanks again to both of you for your time and effort.

As I think I said earlier, T, email me - I'll send you a copy.

patrickp