[SOLVED] [Akai Smart CTV5584] Can't find headphone jack on this TV, only a PC Audio In (both are listed in specifications though)

wildmitchell

Prominent
May 28, 2018
Hi all,

My mum has this TV and I got her a soundbar for it which has an optical and a 3.5mm headphone output. I tested it at mine on my TV and with a phone and it works perfectly through the headphone jack but on this TV, I can only find a "PC Audio In" that looks like 3.5mm audio but when I plug the soundbar into it, no sound comes through it and the sound continues to go through the TV's speakers.

I have looked for sound output selection or for something similar on the TV and can't find anything relating to it on any of the settings (except for CEC controls which didn't work anyway).

My questions are, is PC Audio In different to what I need to connect this soundbar up (so is it different to a headphone out)?
If so, where is the headphone jack on this TV (see attached images for all the inputs I can see)?

You can see headphone out is on the spec sheet here and in the screenshot I've attached:

Any help would be much appreciated, even if it's just confirming I've not gone mad!

View: https://imgur.com/a/sONSkNe

Many thanks,
Mitchell.

Solution
hi, this appears to be some sort of translation issue
ive searched quite a bit and found out those headphones are ment to be wireless only
that tv doesnt have any sort of audio out port

wildmitchell

Prominent
May 28, 2018
hi, this appears to be some sort of translation issue
ive searched quite a bit and found out those headphones are ment to be bluetooth only
that tv doesnt have any sort of audio out port
Hi there, I appreciate you looking into it. That's annoying, this TV's not turning out to be very smart then!

Have you seen it saying it has Bluetooth? I couldn't find anything in the settings about Bluetooth because the soundbar does have bluetooth as well I just thought for delays and things wired would be better.