Akasa Piranha HP PWM air ripper blade fan - Any Good???

G

Hello everyone,

I would really appreciate some help and suggestions for 120mm PWM fans for a Hyper 212 Evo, as I was stupidly derping around reinstalling the original CM fan and managed to break a blade :(
So I decided as I need to buy 1 for it, I might as well buy 2 and go for push-pull. I know it only makes a degree or 2 difference but hey why not.

Anyway, I've been looking around for quite a few hours now looking for fans that are PWM and have high airflow and static pressure. I'm really not bothered about noise levels, I just wanted something as good, preferably better than the original CM fan.

So could someone that knows a lot about what makes a good heatsink fan please tell me if this fan below is any good compared to the original CM blade master fan???
(Akasa 120mm Piranha high performance PWM air ripper blade fan.)

Or are there any others on this page (Here) that really stand out as being brilliant???

I would really appreciate your help.
Thanks guys :)

G

That was terrible :lol:
Funny enough I was literally just reading good things about them, especially the Noctua NF-F12 Focused Flow, but it says they are more for keeping things quiet rather than for best cooling.
Plus like you said, they sure are ugly =)

I've changed the title as I really would like to know what people think of the Akasa Piranha PWM air ripper blade fan and whether it would make a decent heatsink fan or is it more of a case fan??? Is the static pressure a bit low for a cooler fan maybe???

- Speed: 600-1900 RPM
- Max airflow: 79.13 CFM
- Sound level: 6.4-27.2 dB(A)
- Max static air pressure: 3.04 mm-H2O

serafim

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012

+1