Question Alarm goes off when using one monitor but not the other

Oct 31, 2022
Hi there. I have a strange issue which I am not knowledgeable enough to diagnose. Recently I replaced the 1080p TV with a 1440p monitor. When playing some games off of this monitor, I hear a loud alarm noise coming from the case. At first I thought it was the CPU overheating, however a new wrinkle has appeared. I was trying to play Batman: Arkham Knight, and just using the PC Performance Test option on the gaming monitor, and after a second the alarm started going off. Later I was just testing out some stuff and I had the game on my primary, and noticed that the alarm did not go off during the performance test. When I put it back on the gaming monitor the alarm started up again. I don't quite understand why the alarm is going off on one monitor but not the other. I'd previously experienced the alarm going off when playing Halo: Infinite, as well as Fall Guys, albeit far less frequently or consistently on the latter.

For reference, here's some of my equipment:
GPU: RX 5700
Primary monitor: LG 27QN600-B
Gaming monitor: Gigabyte M32Q

Is there anyway I can figure why the alarm is going off, and why it only seems to happen on one monitor?

EDIT: Just tested something and found that enabling V-Sync apparently prevents the alarm from going off? Still want to know why it's going off in the first place.

Last edited: