Alerts disappearing before I click on them.

Today I had a ton of alerts (may 2 dozen). I prefer to be able to click on them all one at a time to view the threads they're from to see if I want to add a post. This time all but two disappeared when I was halfway through them, I've not seen this happen before.

Is there any setting I can use to make them show until I've clicked on them, or any way I can retrieve the ones I didn't click on?

Ralston18

Titan
I also noted a similar pattern.

My first thought was that I had simply lost track of "where I was" with respect to the Alerts I was working through. But then I realized that some alerts had, indeed, disappeared.

if you look through the THreads with your posts the number will go down as you look at each one. Is that it?
Not sure what you're talking about. I'm just saying the list of alerts under the bell icon in the upper right of the screen shrank to 2 after going through about a dozen of them from the bottom up. There was roughly about 10 I would say suddenly missing.

I'd rather not have to go finding the threads they relate to if that's what you mean. If I can't have the alert link to take me to them, it's too much of a bother. Especially since many of them are from months ago. I'm not going to look for a needle in a haystack.

When you click the Bell icon, at the bottom there is a "Show all" link which brings you to a longer list.
LOL, seriously? Yeah, uh, I could see that when I first used it in the new forum. I mean generally the small pain doesn't show the couple dozen alerts I referred to, now does it? :rolleyes:

I may have 61 year old eyes, but they aren't THAT bad. o_O

As I clearly stated in my post, it's not a problem not seeing all the alerts, it's a problem with half of them disappearing before I click on them all. ;)

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
LOL, seriously? Yeah, uh, I could see that when I first used it in the new forum. I mean generally the small pain doesn't show a couple dozen alerts, now does it? :rolleyes:

I may have 61 year old eyes, but they aren't THAT bad. o_O

The alert box for me I haven't seen the problem you see, but sometimes with a lot of alerts if I don't hit them quick enough and someone else replies the alert moves or disappears. At least that is what I've seen. but the Show all list always shows it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Not sure what you're talking about. I'm just saying the list of alerts under the bell icon in the upper right of the screen shrank to 2 after going through about a dozen of them from the bottom up. There was roughly about 10 I would say suddenly missing.

I'd rather not have to go finding the threads they relate to if that's what you mean. If I can't have the alert link to take me to them, it's too much of a bother. Especially since many of them are from months ago. I'm not going to look for a needle in a haystack.

I was talking about the "Threads with your posts" Menu in left hand side column of forums. If you look at posts in here, the number of alerts will go down to match the posts you have looked at. I usually look at it first and only look at alerts once to clear the number.

I don't know if any disappear before I see them though.

Alerts system itself can also show too many alerts. It shows a new alert for every reply in a thread so I have seen it fill the entire column with the same post, just different replies. About only thing it shows that I can't get elsewhere are the occasional Best answer post and if I get a new trophy level.

I was talking about the "Threads with your posts" Menu in left hand side column of forums. If you look at posts in here, the number of alerts will go down to match the posts you have looked at. I usually look at it first and only look at alerts once to clear the number.

I don't know if any disappear before I see them though.

Alerts system itself can also show too many alerts. It shows a new alert for every reply in a thread so I have seen it fill the entire column with the same post, just different replies. About only thing it shows that I can't get elsewhere are the occasional Best answer post and if I get a new trophy level.
I didn't access the Threads with your posts link when this happened though.

TRENDING THREADS