Alerts question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kizo

Prominent
BANNED
Jul 17, 2022
Sorry,I know not where else to ask this question.
I am extremely annoyed by the alerts that have nothing to do with a thread/threads that I opened.
I receive alerts of other people opening threads or receiving answers.
I would prefer to receiving alerts only on messages that were either in topics I opened or messages that were directed to me specifically in some other thread.

Thank you

As far as I'm concerned, you only get Alerts when you have replied under any particular thread/topic, unless you "manually" click on the WATCH button for any particular thread. Go to your PROFILE page. and then click on "preferences" under the settings tab of your account.

Check the Receive a notification when someone…section. Also, look under the "Content options" field:

You need to disable/untick the ALERTS option under this section. Check your account settings. This is mine:

0kzeMgR.png

Look under this section:

od05u5M.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Ralston18 and kizo

kizo

Prominent
BANNED
Jul 17, 2022
As far as I'm concerned, you only get Alerts when you have replied under any particular thread/topic, unless you "manually" click on the WATCH button for any particular thread. Go to your PROFILE page. and then click on "preferences" under the settings tab of your account.

Check the Receive a notification when someone…section. Also, look under the "Content options" field:

You need to disable/untick the ALERTS option under this section. Check your account settings. This is mine:

0kzeMgR.png

Look under this section:

od05u5M.png
Thank you,I believe it's fixed now . :-D

Reactions: Metal Messiah.

kizo

Prominent
BANNED
Jul 17, 2022
Notifications on e-mail.
Yeah , turning them of might be wise.
My Gmail is fluded with Wish rubbish(I don't remember ever joining. It must have been year beyond counting).
I don't want same to happen to my Yahoo,though there are signs.

Anyway Tnx again.

To Moderators:
Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS