Alerts shouldn't time out.

Colif

Win 11 Master
It seems the forums only remember alerts for a few days. And only if you don't look, or they vanish

Great. what about users who don't come back and look every day? What about people who get way more than 4 pages a day?

New users may not return right away, how do they find their own posts? We don't even have a guide showing where everything is.

I don't get why forum tracks all the reactions you get on the settings page under your profile, but it doesn't track other types of alerts like Best Answers received which to me is far more useful. Or the other reactions like when you get a trophy update. Things you might want to know.

System tells you if you get a Best Answer but not if you lose one. Now the totals go down and you left wondering which question? If I knew I might keep trying to help, as it stands you have no way of finding out.

Hasnt been an issue for me yet, but that certainly shouldnt be a feature.
It would be better off lasting as long as you want them, with the ability to clear specific ones. Or set your own preferences.

D

Deleted member 14196

If they’re not timed out then you need a way to clean them out and turn them off

Colif

Win 11 Master
A choice of what you want to do is necessary. You can already say which ones you want to get via settings so in theory you could also add a save Y/N option next to any you do currently receive.

System tracks reactions received, all i want is the same for Best Answers received or Trophies.

I am not suggesting the bell icon listing shows everything forever, but a way to save some of them would be nice. I used to like getting an email for every Best Answer I received, now I have no record at all of what the question was.