Alexa switch on my electric blanket

PaulDesmond

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2016
Hi. I just got an Amazon echo. I have wondered how you would switch things on like an electric blanket. i have seen on the amazon website This.....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07Z942...ag=06-3680889-11-0000000&geniuslink=true&th=1

TP-Link Tapo Smart Plug Wi-Fi Outlet, Works with Amazon Alexa (Echo and Echo Dot), Google Home, Wireless Smart Socket, Remote Control Timer Switch, Device Sharing, No Hub Required (Tapo P100)

Is this all that is needed and how does it know it is the electric blanket socket? I would love to do things with this echo unit.

Ralston18

Titan
Well, I doubt if either the Tapo or Alexa would know what was plugged in and being turned on.

However, I would read the electric blanket's documentation, warnings, caveats, etc... regarding connectivity/power sources.

And for the Tapo as well.

Could be a bad and quite unsafe combination.....

PaulDesmond

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2016
I have contacted Amazon and the smart plugs work fine. You just give each plug/device it's own name like electric blanket. The thing with the electriv blanket is just to leave it on the low setting. If it was off it would not work. There are smart led light bulbs but they are expensive. a beter solution would be to get a corner stand lamp pluged into a socket and call it corner light. I am definatly going to have a go at this but I doubt I can say "Alexa cook my diner or wash the dishes"

Dec 16, 2020
I don't like the idea of Alexa listening to everything being said. Its all stored aswell.

I have nothing to hide but don't you think its a bit weird?

TRENDING THREADS