Question Ali 1070 upgrade ?

Tankydog

Reputable
Jun 8, 2016
Hello I'm planning a upgrade as I'm not liking how my computer is running and want to get some better smoother results in gaming I currently and running
Sli 1070
Asus z370 motherboard
Intel 7700k
16ram
Fully custom water-cooled

I'm currently wanting to build my girlfriend a PC and can't decide either to give her my sli set up and buy myself a 5700xt for myself or just sell both cards and buy both of us 5700xt I want to play 1440p at over 60 frames and possible some 4k but doesn't have to play 4k not sure to just keep the ski set up as it's a bit difficult to maintain and want something new and easy to work with so not sure the 5700xt is roughly priced the same as a 2060super but I feel I'm leaning more towards the 5700xt oh also I'm going to upgrade to amd soon to 3700x as I'm starting to stream and game please help ??

DSzymborski

Titan
I'd much rather a single strong card to an SLI situation for gaming, even if it costs a little more. Just too many problems these days with scaling and driver support; multi-GPU solutions were never that mainstream and both AMD/Nvidia and the game developers are happy not putting much in the way of time and money towards them.

Do you have an 8700k or a Z270 motherboard? You can't have a 7700k and a Z370 motherboard. If you're running an 8700k, an upgrade for gaming isn't quite as exciting as an upgrade to a 7700k would be.

Tankydog

Reputable
Jun 8, 2016
I'd much rather a single strong card to an SLI situation for gaming, even if it costs a little more. Just too many problems these days with scaling and driver support; multi-GPU solutions were never that mainstream and both AMD/Nvidia and the game developers are happy not putting much in the way of time and money towards them.

Do you have an 8700k or a Z270 motherboard? You can't have a 7700k and a Z370 motherboard. If you're running an 8700k, an upgrade for gaming isn't quite as exciting as an upgrade to a 7700k would be.
Sorry I have a 7600k on a h270f
And I agree that's what I was thinking but I want to know now what should I go with should I get 5700xt because from what I have looked up they aren't much different in comparison to the 2060super and 2070 super but at a better price so yeha I just want to know what would be more beneficial and also I'm getting a 3700x should I go for a x570 board or should I just get a cheaper b450 board ?