Question Aliasing Issues with RTX 3060 Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 4, 2021
Hey guys,

This problem is a little bit convoluted so bare with me while I try to explain it.

I built a completely new PC just over two months ago, specs:

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3060Ti Dual Eagle OC
CPU: R5 3600
MB: B450 Tomohawk Max
PSU: Seasonic Focus 650W [80+ Gold]
Ram: 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz Corsair Vengeance LPX

The PC has been an absolute please to use so far, however I noticed some strange issues after upgrading my monitor. I had been gaming on an old 60 Hz 22 inch samsung monitor that I had with my old setup, and felt it was time to upgrade since I bought my new PC. So I purchased an Asus VG249Q 1800p 144Hz monitor. It's been great, picture quality is fantastic, but since I've upgraded I've noticed some strange aliasing issues in almost all of my games.

The issue seems to be pretty consistent accross most games I play, howver I noticed it's particularly noticable in CSGO and Star Wars Battlefront 2. The strange thing is I didn't seem to notice it on my older monitor, but after plugging my PC into my old monitor last night to test it, the same issues are there (so its not just a problem with my new monitor)

It seems to mainly be an issue with aliasing. Textures have very jagged edges with noticable moving black lines, shimmer in the distance (and stop shimmering when I get up close to the object), and generally just don't look as smooth as they should. It also only seems to happen when either my camera or my character is moving. I understand i'm limited with 1080p, but there's definitely something not right. I tried reinstalling drivers with DDU, but it didn't fix the issue.

I'm starting to think the problem may be an issue with my GPU itself. For reference, when I bought my new monitor, I had purchased a cheap, non VESA certified DP cable. When I first plugged it in and tried to boot, my PC wouldn't boot. It took some rooting but eventually I got it to. However, I quickly realised this may have been due to the cheap DP cable having an active 20th pin. So i scrapped it after a week of use and invested in a better wuality cable. It made the issues less noticable in some games, but they were definitely still there. IS it possible that my GPU has incurred some sort of damage? I didn't notice these issues on my older monitor before, but I honestly can't tell if it was just because the monitor was smaller and had significantly worse image quality.

If it means anything, Nvidia Control Panel seems to give me issues too. When im changing settings, the panel flickers for a brief few secodns before settling and going back to normal. I read in an old thread somewhere (i'm pretty sure it was on these forums) that it can be a sign of GPU issues, but I couldn't find it anywhere else.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. I've been trying to explain this issue to a few of my friends who think im just going insane at this stage. I only recieved my card around 2 months ago, so I can RMA it to Gigabyte if necessary, but I would rather avoid it if at all possible (given how difficult it was to get one to begin with). Thank you in advance!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When you've uninstalled the drivers using DDU, did you use the latest drivers found off of Nvidia's support site and installed it manually, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

You will also need to make sure you're on version 20H2 for Windows 10 and that you're on the latest BIOS for your motherboard. Speaking of latest, was the PSU recycled from an older build?

Mar 4, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When you've uninstalled the drivers using DDU, did you use the latest drivers found off of Nvidia's support site and installed it manually, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

You will also need to make sure you're on version 20H2 for Windows 10 and that you're on the latest BIOS for your motherboard. Speaking of latest, was the PSU recycled from an older build?

Thanks for the response!

Yup, installed the latest drivers from Nvidias site, unsure if I ran the installer as administrator, but I can try to reinstall again and see if it makes a difference. I should be using the latest version of my motherboards bios, installed them right after I put the build together, but i'll double check again after work. And no, the PSU was purchased brand new for this build, so i'm fairly certain that wouldn't be causing any issues.

Edit: Now that I think of it actually, I didn't update the actual motherboard BIOS themselves, but rather just installed the required drivers. I didn't even think of that. I'll give it a shot after work and see what happens.

Mar 4, 2021
Update: Updated the motherboard BIOS to the latest release, no dice. I did notice something strange last nigth though. I dropped my res in CSGO down to below my monitors native resolution and the aliasing seems to be much less noticable. Far away objects are still extremely pixelated around the edges though. Will update this thread later tonight with some gameplay highlighting the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.