Aliens:CM Co-Developer Layoffs; BioWare San Fran Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]casualcolors[/nom]The people comparing ACM to E.T. or Daikatana are just reaffirming the fact that they have never played Daikatana or E.T. heh[/citation]

actually i dont think it's fair to compare it to duke nukem forever either.seriously don'tget the bad reviews DNF got ,i've seen far worse games get far higher scores on meta critic than DNF did , it just makes no since , the game should have got at least 75 , sure that's not stellar and the game was a let down , but all in all the game wasn't that bad. alien's CM was far beyound being a let down.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]actually i dont think it's fair to compare it to duke nukem forever either.seriously don'tget the bad reviews DNF got ,i've seen far worse games get far higher scores on meta critic than DNF did , it just makes no since , the game should have got at least 75 , sure that's not stellar and the game was a let down , but all in all the game wasn't that bad. alien's CM was far beyound being a let down.[/citation]
from my understanding, most places reviewed the console version
the pc version of DNF was actually fairly ok... not spectacular, and definatly had flaws, but the consoles where very bad.

[citation][nom]casualcolors[/nom]The people comparing ACM to E.T. or Daikatana are just reaffirming the fact that they have never played Daikatana or E.T. heh[/citation]

et is playable, and beatable, in less than 5 minutes if you know what you are doing, but a bad game
daikatana was really screwed over by the partner ai, something that was omitted by the consoles, and the game is somewhat ok on the consoles, at least for its time...

A:CM really falls closer to daikatana than it does et... but A:CM didnt have the hype that daikatana had... not by a long shot... and i dont remember any clearly decietfull practices in daikatana or et marketing where they showed a good game, and had people play a good game, than release crap... id call the company worse than the et and daikatana ones, because of practices, but the game marginally better than daikatana, but worse than DNF

dormantreign

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
At this rate were all going to be left with EA & Activision only. On a sidenote EA refunded me my money on Simcity....what a crap game. I did a nice review of the thing on youtube, the beta and game. Search likeanddislikes on youtube before you buy that pos.

jerrspud

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2009
I liked E.T. Yeah it had bugs, but it was one of the few 2600 games that you forced you to complete objectives and actually had an end.

Ro0ster

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
Game was on the radar for so many gamers and involves one of the most coveted storylines in Sci-Fi. It failed on a scale that brought all those people touting its greatness to a seat at a table serving crow and they don't like the taste. So, burn the place down with you if you're going anyway. The storyline gaps are indicative of a producer that doesnt give a shit about the story and just wants something out there thats 'cool' in their eyes. Had they at least addressed the storyline gaps, the game wouldnt had been nearly as terrible.

G

The "awesome" F.E.A.R." series had nothing to do with TimeGate. You can thank Monolith for that. All TimeGate did was make it less awesome.

davemaster84

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
I don't understand why people go this hard on Aliens CM, it's a good game, it has a nice story plot, good enviroment, it's a good shooter and has it's moments. Probably they failed in two very important things, first the graphics aren't as good as they are supposed to be, if you remember alien vs predator from 2010 it had awesome graphics and it's still used as benchmark tool, and in the other hand they used something very sacred for alien's fans which is the second movie (the best in my opinion) so the spectations went to the roof.

Ro0ster

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
[citation][nom]davemaster84[/nom]I don't understand why people go this hard on Aliens CM...[/citation]

The game graphics arent what make the game great (which were nothing close to the E3 teaser) and who wants to play for eye-candy alone? The devs promoted this as a true 'sequel' to Aliens and promoted it as such. No way in hell should that ever be done while ignoring the blatant plot-holes and inconsistencies. Expectations went through the roof because thats how the game was promoted and as you pointed out, Aliens is probably the most coveted of the storyline over all in the series.

mamailo

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
The absolute truth.
There is a lot of things wrong in A:CM,There is nothing right in E.T.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]mamailo[/nom]The absolute truth.There is a lot of things wrong in A:CM,There is nothing right in E.T.[/citation]

like i said, there is nothing good about et from a game stand point with an et license, but that said, et is a fully functioning game if you understand how to play it.

im willing to bet there are more game breaking glitches in A:CM than there are in et...

that said, i would rather play A:CM

Status
Not open for further replies.