Aliens: Colonial Marines Coming in 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]crisan_tiberiu[/nom]and another console title.. i guess i wont need to upgrade my PC till 2015[/citation]
and this is the same pc you assembled in 2008, amirite? ...sigh...remember how Far Cry 1 BLEW THE ROOF off of this? or even Crysis 1... and now? ps3 and xbox compatibilty...

/prays for Deus Ex 3 to prove me wrong

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]crisan_tiberiu[/nom]and another console title.. i guess i wont need to upgrade my PC till 2015[/citation]

Damn right. It's sad to see the "Samaritan" video and know it won't happen any time soon because the consoles are holding us back. Every game I slap into my Blu-Ray drive (or steam, most likely) runs maxed out... I want a new game to make me feel like I need more hardware!

helldog3105

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
I love the Alien universe, but I truly dislike watered down console ports. I hope they don't ruin this one like Sega did pretty much with AvP

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007

AKA yet another terrible AvP multi-platform game? Does anyone at all remember AvP (2010)? What a giant hunk of a crap that game was; I still remember reading the article about it on Tom's before buying; looked so promising, failed so miserably (lul, who even bought the money grubbing lame DLC to that game anyways?)

flowingbass

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
I guess watered down console ports are ok. Makes the hardware you have right now last a long time. And cmon people, current gen games that run fluently maxed out on something like a GTX 460 looks PHENOMENAL!!! Like you dont wanna upgrade you video card in every release of another game wouldnt you? Just like what happened in the past. video cards couldnt keep in just six months worth of new games, forcing people to fork out and upgrade every SIX months. Thats a waste of money, and not all people on the WORLD have money to upgrade EVERY SIX MONTHS to something like a GTX 590. I can say i commend game developers on making games not too demanding for current gen hardware. (PS i hate consoles as much as you do but just think economically for a sec)

ironmb

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
[citation][nom]flowingbass[/nom]I guess watered down console ports are ok. Makes the hardware you have right now last a long time. And cmon people, current gen games that run fluently maxed out on something like a GTX 460 looks PHENOMENAL!!! Like you dont wanna upgrade you video card in every release of another game wouldnt you? Just like what happened in the past. video cards couldnt keep in just six months worth of new games, forcing people to fork out and upgrade every SIX months. Thats a waste of money, and not all people on the WORLD have money to upgrade EVERY SIX MONTHS to something like a GTX 590. I can say i commend game developers on making games not too demanding for current gen hardware. (PS i hate consoles as much as you do but just think economically for a sec)[/citation]

Shut up.

BluntObjection

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
Nothing like running around narrow corridors with my team of "Highly trained" comrades who can never seem to shoot the target, get picked off one by one, while at some point I'm inevitably cut off from my squad (I probably feel through the floor) and have to run to a high point to establish radio comm so I can hook back up with my "squad" which is by this point a single guy (most likely the captain) who guides me through the next few areas where at some point he'll sacrifice his own life to save mine so I can face the final boss.

I'm waiting with abject horror. It ~might~ be good, there is a chance, albeit small that they designed it for PC and just ported it to console rather then the other way around. The last AvP attempt was ... ~ok~ at best. The game as fun yet a mediocre feeling.

Am I the only one missing the original AvP:2 from 2001? That was an amazing game for its time, had an awesome feel to it, scared the sh!t out of you half the time.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007

I agree, AvP 2 was one of my favorite FPS. MP was simply the best/most engaging due to the maps, map types, and character types.

Status
Not open for further replies.