Aliens: Colonial Marines Goes Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
I've always wondered...

If the humans are "infected" by the facehuggers jumping up onto them...

Why don't they wear full-protection helmets so the Aliens have to break the helmets completely open?

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
EDIT: And I'd rather take an increased risk of getting mauled to death than to suffer the the agony of something growing, and then exploding out of my chest.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
For those just tuning into the gaming arena, that means the game is complete, signed by everyone involved, and sent off for manufacturing. Woot.

"When we first announced the release date for Aliens: Colonial Marines back in May 2012

*cough*bullshit*cough* The release date for this was originally in MARCH 2012 then it got pushed back to fall now February. Either they're just done dealing with it and pushing out an game that's not ready or it'll be pushed back again.

Either way I won't believe it until I see an actual copy of the game (which I sadly have preordered).

eric4277

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010
[citation][nom]ddpruitt[/nom]*cough*bullshit*cough* The release date for this was originally in MARCH 2012 then it got pushed back to fall now February. Either they're just done dealing with it and pushing out an game that's not ready or it'll be pushed back again.Either way I won't believe it until I see an actual copy of the game (which I sadly have preordered).[/citation]
So, you are calling BS on them actually finishing the game because it got pushed back twice? So push backs mean the game will never come out or they will be unfinished when they do?

bluestar2k11

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
[citation][nom]ddpruitt[/nom]Either way I won't believe it until I see an actual copy of the game (which I sadly have preordered).[/citation]

Well, considering Gearbox got Duke Nukem Forever pushed out the door in a fairly well polished state, I'd say they've more then earned some credit, after all the entire gaming world thought it was impossible and would/could never be done.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]Draconian[/nom]Wow! A game about space marines. How original.[/citation]

Wow! A game about shooting Russians!

(Battlefield series)

A game about... Killing terrorists?

(Call of Duty)

A game about... Mining minerals?

(Starcraft 2)

A game about... Zombie survival?

(DayZ mod)

G

Hope its better than the last one, that lasted about 15 minutes.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]ckholt83[/nom]Try Natural Selection 2[/citation]

That is such an underrated game. Too bad the developer team simply doesn't have the resource to do much marketing.

If only AAA developers and the indie ones could ever cooperate. Too many FPS games ended up on the corporate management's chopping block to build more COD-clones for more profits, which almost all of them fail because of lack of marketing or brand recognition.

kitsunestarwind

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
I have pre-ordered this game, hopefully it turns out ok, and not too cheesy

But for my Alien v marine combat, Natural Selection 2 all the way, easily one of the best online combat games around

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
[citation][nom]bluestar2k11[/nom]Well, considering Gearbox got Duke Nukem Forever pushed out the door in a fairly well polished state, I'd say they've more then earned some credit, after all the entire gaming world thought it was impossible and would/could never be done.[/citation]
seriously?

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]ddpruitt[/nom]*cough*bullshit*cough* The release date for this was originally in MARCH 2012 then it got pushed back to fall now February. Either they're just done dealing with it and pushing out an game that's not ready or it'll be pushed back again.Either way I won't believe it until I see an actual copy of the game (which I sadly have preordered).[/citation]

actualy i call BS on this entire game period .. just seems to me the game will feel to much like the AvP game's minus the seperate campaigns for aliens and predators. and honestly i was a bit disapointed with the last AVP game , compare it to the 1999 classic or the 2001 avp 2 follow up game and it just seemed to short , on each camp. now they release this ?

i can just imagine a seperate aliens game releasing soon after this and a seperate predator's game releasing after that. less for more ala blizzard style. any one else feel this way ? or am i jsut being overly pessimistic ?

wdmfiber

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]I've always wondered...If the humans are "infected" by the facehuggers jumping up onto them...Why don't they wear full-protection helmets so the Aliens have to break the helmets completely open?[/citation]
Your not much of a fan are you? If you watched the movie Alien, you would know a human first discovered a facehugger egg while wearing a helmet. It offered no protection. The egg hatched and facehugger lurched on the guys helmet, melting right through the glass. And later back on the space ship, it melted through more than that...

Anyway, the game has been reviewed by a gamer magazine I subscribe to. They were invited to play and get their article published. I just got the issue yesterday and the review wasn't glowing. But they have some hope for the multiplayer.

[citation][nom]wdmfiber[/nom]Your not much of a fan are you? If you watched the movie Alien, you would know a human first discovered a facehugger egg while wearing a helmet. It offered no protection. The egg hatched and facehugger lurched on the guys helmet, melting right through the glass. And later back on the space ship, it melted through more than that...Anyway, the game has been reviewed by a gamer magazine I subscribe to. They were invited to play and get their article published. I just got the issue yesterday and the review wasn't glowing. But they have some hope for the multiplayer.[/citation]

Agreed! It's well established a helmet won't do you any good against a facehugger.

It will be interesting to see if this game concentrates all efforts into the Colonial Marines and not like previous releases split the layout efforts between playing as the Marine, Predator, or Alien.

orvtrebor

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]I've always wondered...If the humans are "infected" by the facehuggers jumping up onto them...Why don't they wear full-protection helmets so the Aliens have to break the helmets completely open?[/citation]

It wouldn't matter, in the original movie the face-hugger burned through Kane's helemt to get to his face. There is no type of helemt that would offer any protection.

You're better off keeping one of those grenades in your pocket for that "end it quick" moment :)

Status
Not open for further replies.