News Alienware’s Concept UFO Is a Switch for PC Gaming

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
there is no such thing as handheld gaming PC ... it will be allways crippled and cannot be compared to nintendo switch at all where games are designed for the hardware 100%

fireaza

Distinguished
May 9, 2011
OK, wow, that design is blatantly stealing a LOT from the Switch. Considering Nintendo was sued by another company simply for building a console that docks a tablet into a controller, it seems like something as close to the Switch as this would be a lawsuit just waiting to happen.

fball922

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2008
This is ok, but battery life will and performance will be poor in comparison to something like the Switch where games are built to the hardware.

I like this in concept, but I think it would better as an in-home device a la Steam Link. Embed a Steam Link inside a tablet with a controller built in and boom, you got yourself a neat little portable computer for around the house.

Jan 9, 2020
This is ok, but battery life will and performance will be poor in comparison to something like the Switch where games are built to the hardware.

I like this in concept, but I think it would better as an in-home device a la Steam Link. Embed a Steam Link inside a tablet with a controller built in and boom, you got yourself a neat little portable computer for around the house.
steam link is just an app you can download now, so just go buy a cheap android tablet with buttons and there you do.

Reactions: fball922