Alienware 15 not picking up my m.2

Bleubird

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013
Before I start college, I wanted to pick up a nice laptop that I could keep for the whole time I attend. So I parted out my desktop, and kept the m.2 ssd. The one I have is one of the newer Western Digital 500GB m.2 2280 drives. With this, I bought a new Alienware 15 R4, and optioned to have the 256 GB m.2 instead of the 1TB HDD. I felt this was a good choice because the laptop has 3 total m.2 drive slots, and I still have the 2.5" bay open if I need it later. I finally received my order in the mail today, and one of the first things I did after setting it up was take off the bottom and put in the SSD I had saved. I have done this a couple of times, where I have to go into the disk manager and format the drive before it begins to show up in "This PC", but it wasn't even showing up in there. So I went into the BIOS, and it turns out it's not even picking up the drive. There's no settings i've been able to critique to fix this, but one thing I did notice was that RAID was set to ON under the advanced settings. I wasn't sure if turning this off would fix my problem, and I didn't want to try it until I know that's what needs to be done. I have taken it out and put it back in just to see if it wasn't set right as well, and that didn't help either. Any ideas?

Solution
Personally, since the BIOS on every laptop is always customised, I would speak to Alienware. Them guys know their stuff and can probably fix your problem in a few minutes.