[SOLVED] Alienware 15 r2 Not Charging

Feb 2, 2020
As the title says, my laptop is not charging, but it does not lose a charge when plugged in. It's at 25% usually. I recently replaced the battery because previously it didn't have any charge at all. It would just shut off instantly when unplugged. So I went a step in the right direction but it's still not fixed completely.

I opened it back up, and I realized that one of the cords had three wires, white, red, and blue. The white one was not connected. like I had broken it. I'm not even 100% sure what this component is.

can anyone tell me if this piece in the picture might be the culprit? and if so what is it called. I can't find what it is to buy a replacement part.

eflN6hN_d.jpg

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you check and see if your laptop might have a BIOS update pending? You can find the latest BIOS(and older revisions for cross referencing) here.

With the laptop disconnected from the wall and the adapter, with the battery removed as well, press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Replace the battery, and charge the laptop for at least 8 hours before powering the laptop back up.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you check and see if your laptop might have a BIOS update pending? You can find the latest BIOS(and older revisions for cross referencing) here.

With the laptop disconnected from the wall and the adapter, with the battery removed as well, press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Replace the battery, and charge the laptop for at least 8 hours before powering the laptop back up.

Solution