Question Alienware 15 R3 Exhausted performance lately when gaming. (Single-Core Score?)

May 8, 2019
Hello,

Lately my gaming performance on my Alienware laptop is worse. FPS drops a lot, I did a userbenchmark test out of curiosity and got bad results on processor.

That's written next to Processor, "With an average single core score, this CPU can handle browsing the web, email, video playback and the majority of general computing tasks including moderate gaming when coupled with an appropriate GPU. Finally, with a gaming score of 57.7%, this CPUs suitability for 3D gaming is above average."

For more info, https://eu.alienwarearena.com/ucf/s...sted-performance-lately-when-gaming-processor

Be easier if you post the link here so the information is instantly accessible. From what I saw there is no additional information.

Would be a start if you post the specs of the laptop, and perhaps consider the rest of the Userbenchmark test about the components' performance (and even then it's best to be considered in context). As it is there's nothing to go on for people trying to help you.

May 8, 2019
Be easier if you post the link here so the information is instantly accessible. From what I saw there is no additional information.

Would be a start if you post the specs of the laptop, and perhaps consider the rest of the Userbenchmark test about the components' performance (and even then it's best to be considered in context). As it is there's nothing to go on for people trying to help you.

UserBenchmarks: Game 83%, Desk 65%, Work 49%

||Model|Bench
:----|:----|:----|
CPU|Intel Core i7-7700HQ|57.7%
GPU|Nvidia GTX 1070 (Mobile)|96.2%
SSD|Toshiba THNSN5256GPUK NVMe PCIe M.2 256GB|134.7%
HDD|HGST Travelstar 7K1000 2.5" 1TB|43.1%
RAM|Unknown HMA81GS6AFR8N-UH 2x8GB|75.3%
MBD|Alienware 15 R3|

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/16787602

That provides a bit more context. Do you use any ingame monitors to keep track of performance? I would suggest something like MSI Afterburner and monitoring CPU (all cores/threads), GPU and RAM frequencies and usages; CPU and GPU temperatures; fps and frame times; and possibly page file.

The basic idea is to identify what happens with the hardware when those frame drops you mention occur, and hopefully that will lead to an answer and perhaps even solution.

TRENDING THREADS