Question Alienware 17 R4 performance issues (Bangs head on wall)

Nov 29, 2020
Hi there,

Looking for some help with my Alienware 17 R4, getting hopeless. Although I've made slight improvements with things like changing options in bios, throttlestop disabling BD PROCHOT, undervolting, changing power management percentage, monitoring temps and usuage using mwinfo etc etc etc. So It appears when I clock my 2.8ghz to 3.5-3.6ghz I get the same performance in HEAVEN benchmark as when it's at 2.8, except my temps get up to over 90 degrees celcius. So that's why I put my power management down to 85-90%, and my temps remain in the 80s, and my performance is very similar.

I don't quite seem to be getting the same performance I use to be getting while gaming (warzone and pubg).

Just today I ran LatencyMon and noticed I Was getting some really high numbers, so I disabled a couple dell drivers and seen the battery ACPI was giving me high numbers so I disabled that. That seemed to improve performance slightly, but doing all this seems like its just a bandage to my situation and I'm not resolving the root cause. Considering I use to get much better performance, I'm not sure what it could be.

My 17 R4 specs are as followed;
AMD Radeon(TM) RX 570 with 8GB GDDR5
16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 at 2400MHz
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ (Q uad-Core, 6MB Cache, up to 3.8 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
SSD harddrive

Desperate for some help, i've spent so much time trying to fix this! Thank you so much for any help!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS