Question Alienware 17 R4 turned off and will not turn back on, zero signs of life ?

Sep 15, 2021
Laptop worked fine all day. Closed it and left for a couple hours came back and the fans were running and it was hot, turned it off and it won't turn back on.

The blue LED light on the AC adaptor turns off when I plug it into my laptop.

Tried a different AC adapter and same results.

Opened up the laptop and disconnected the battery for several minutes held the power button down for 30 seconds and reconnected the battery, that did not work either.

Not sure what happened to my laptop but I use it for work aswell as gaming and need a fix ASAP. Any suggestions would be really appreciated!

D

Deleted member 362816

I have worked on dells for years. IMO if you plug the charger in and it doesn't even light the brick up it may be sadly dead, Most likely motherboard issue. If in warranty i would contact dell.

itsduhhbzz

Commendable
Sep 21, 2021
I have worked on dells for years. IMO if you plug the charger in and it doesn't even light the brick up it may be sadly dead, Most likely motherboard issue. If in warranty i would contact dell.

As a Dell warranty repair tech I can vouch this comment as well. That light on the power supply in the back is a general test indicator that that component is bad. You can go to dell's support site and enter your service tag number to find out if your machine is still in warranty.