Question Alienware 17r4 and Red Dead Redemption 2...

jtammlndn

Commendable
Jan 24, 2020
Hi guys.

So I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place. But I need some techy advice from people who know their computers.

I've been having issues with RDR2 on my laptop since I got it on sale weeks ago.

After about 10 minutes of game time, it starts to freeze every couple of minutes or so and I initially had no idea why, but after some more investigation I realised a trend with CPU usage on the a cpu usage graph for Lasso Process. Apparently patches were supposed to fix this but for me I have had no luck.

I am using a GTX1080, 32gb ram and a I7 7820HK, with RDR2 installed to SSD. I have done most suggested fixes for what I think the issue is...please see attached my CPU uasge graph. It is pretty evident where the stutters are. I was hoping someone could explain what is happening at these moments? https://imgur.com/a/efWXlpG

Thanks

J

jtammlndn

Commendable
Jan 24, 2020
Looks like possible thermal throttling, what is your cpu temperature when you're playing?

Thanks for replying. I thought this yesterday but when I look at the temperatures on the Alienware OC panel, it was anywhere between 70-90 degrees Celsius.

The game would freeze in undemanding situations too.

TRENDING THREADS