Question Alienware 370x upgrade from Core 2 duo 2.4Ghz

Jul 8, 2019
So I came across an Alienware laptop, the thing has 2 GPU's 2 HDD's and is solid AF. Being built in the olden days, it has a lot of structural integrity, the screen is huge as the laptop itself. Full keyboard, tons and tons of room for upgrades. Is it possible to upgrade to an i3 or i5? I know that the i3 series is dual core and that's really all I want but if there is a way to swap the 2.4Ghz CPU for something faster like 3.5Ghz, I'd be very happy, regardless of how many cores I have. Cooling is not a problem as my PC has over 5 vents. Also I am not going to replace the mobo as I do not have a whole heck of a lot of experience with opening laptops.

Jul 8, 2019
Could you give me the socket letter? I have been searching and hadn't found the information I want. I might be able to find something more impressive that is also Core 2 Duo.

Many laptops are just adequate enough for the CPU/GPU solutions they contain, and few have much headroom left for other processors, assuming they are not soldered in to begin with.

No mobile (or desktop) Core2 solution from 2006 is going to be very competent at any games today....

(I'd rethink laptops for gaming carefully, truthfully...; if you want to game, get a desktop and at least a 23-27" monitor...)

Jul 8, 2019
- My bad, it's a quad core. These things can take a few upgrades and the late PC parts are not going to be way too expensive for me. I didn't purchase this for no reason, I have an Xbox One S and most online shooters are very repetitive. There are loads of old games that are not competitive and are not extremely time consuming. Either way, I have my reasons to downgrade from 4k resolution.

- I might just OC to 3.0 Ghz after counting the fans again.

-What do you mean by headroom?