[SOLVED] Alienware Aurora Fans and Noise

ryann39

Reputable
Nov 19, 2017
Hello,
I have an Alienware Aurora and I was wondering if it is bad to hear the fans while the pc is on. I would like to know how loud is it supposed to be, and if I should be worried if I can hear the fans. They aren't too loud, but i can hear them when my headphones are off and I can hear them easier when my ceiling fan is off. Also, how should I clean it and how often? I live in a dusty and hairy environment, I have two dogs. Should I be worried about the dust? I try to clean off the dust that accumulates outside the fan screens and just wipe it off with a dry rag. Also, should I keep my ceiling fan on or can I keep it off to prevent the dust from accumulating. Please help inform me on if it is bad to hear the fans, and if some dust can be dangerous and what I should do to prevent these things.

From, Ryan

Solution
All dust can cause problems and the easiest way to get rid of it is by using cans of air commonly known as air dusters, Make sure your pc is turned off and DO NOT turn the can upside down or sideways or the propellant will squirt out and wet all your components. You need to get the cold air type but a word of warning . Use it in short bursts or the can will suddenly become very cold and burn your fingers. Don't be tempted to get cheap multi packs they will squirt propellant , go for a single can of around £7.

You mention the fans being noisy , is it the fan or the blades rubbing the dust mesh. To test this spin the fan blades with your fingers if it makes a noise it will be the blades rubbing the mesh. To get around this try loosening...
All dust can cause problems and the easiest way to get rid of it is by using cans of air commonly known as air dusters, Make sure your pc is turned off and DO NOT turn the can upside down or sideways or the propellant will squirt out and wet all your components. You need to get the cold air type but a word of warning . Use it in short bursts or the can will suddenly become very cold and burn your fingers. Don't be tempted to get cheap multi packs they will squirt propellant , go for a single can of around £7.

You mention the fans being noisy , is it the fan or the blades rubbing the dust mesh. To test this spin the fan blades with your fingers if it makes a noise it will be the blades rubbing the mesh. To get around this try loosening one of the 4 mounting screws and that can ease the casing away from the mesh.

Solution

ryann39

Reputable
Nov 19, 2017

You mention the fans being noisy , is it the fan or the blades rubbing the dust mesh. To test this spin the fan blades with your fingers if it makes a noise it will be the blades rubbing the mesh. To get around this try loosening one of the 4 mounting screws and that can ease the casing away from the mesh.
The fans aren’t too loud, but i don’t know if they are loud cuz of dust or just the fans moving. There isn’t too much dust anywhere I’m just worried about what it could do.