Question Alienware aurora r7 CPU fan issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 8, 2022
My Alienware aurora r7 every time on boot up goes to the supportassist and runs a hardware check and every time it says cpu fan error and then my computer sounds like a jet engine. I checked my mother board and I don’t even have a CPU fan plugged into the cpu fan slot. Just a fan pump on the cpu and a top fan and a front fan. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Aug 8, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Power down, disconnect from the wall and display, then try disconnecting and reconnecting the CPU_FAN. Perhaps it's a sensor issue.
I did that a few times and it has worked but I tried it again today and it didn’t work this time. I also don’t have anything plugged into the cpu_fan slot. Just the fan pump slot and the top and front fan slots.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
You have a liquid-cooled CPU cooler system with a PUMP and a RAD with fans. Normally you should have the PUMP plugged into the PUMP_FAN header, and the RAD FAN(S) plugged into the CPU_FAN header. The Top Fan and Front Fan headers are only for case ventilation fans installed in those locations of the case. The error you are seeing is because there is NOTHING plugged into the CPU_FAN header so it is getting no fan speed signal. That generates this warning because NO cooling of the CPU is dangerous.

Where are the fan(s) on the RAD plugged in?

Status
Not open for further replies.