News Alienware AW3225QF and AW2725DF expand QD-OLED gaming monitor family – 4K at 240 Hz and QHD at 360 Hz

Status
Not open for further replies.

gg83

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2015
These monitors seem much more reasonably priced compared to previous Alienware products. Sony just announced its going to mini LED for its next gen flagship TV. I wonder which tech will win in the gaming space in the next 5 years. I think mini-LED is a lot cheaper to produce, so companies might try to push the boundaries of mini over oled. LG has their MLA+ and whatever comes after that to push OLED.
Side note, I turned saturation to 150 on my OLED through AMD adrenaline and COD enemies are a lot easier to spot.

Jan 25, 2023
Can't find anything on the cooling. Passive heatsink? Active fan? Little of both? The AW3423DW did this horrible puffing noise when it got hot, but a firmware update changed this to a more constant exhaust. It's better, but this monitor is louder than my gaming PC on the floor (which is all Noctua fans: steady 350 rpm case fans and a 1000 rpm CPU fan flat curve). It's fine when gaming, but a little annoying when just trying to browse Tom's Hardware :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.