Alienware Brings LAN Party Hummer to Comic Con

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sagansrun

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2008
Really? That SUV looks like it was built from parts out of a JC Whitney catalog and used Moms credit credit card to pay for it. Im surpised it doesnt have 30 inch rims and bandaid tires on the thing.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
Shame it's not street legal, I'd love to have it rear end me. Oh letsee here, I got some pain and suffering here, and this gash on my head... probably a concussion. Ahh to hell with it just give me a few of those laptops and monitors and we'll call it good.

I agree with a lot of people though a converted greyhound would so much cooler. And way more practical for transport. Just get a vinyl wrap on it, a few external monitors, and one HELL of a upgraded A/C system. Same money into the project, much cheaper to upgrade in the future.

cekasone

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
You can go to http://www.westcoastcustoms.com/ to see real pictures of them revealing the Hummer. It looks fucking sweet.

G

[citation][nom]leafblower29[/nom]Wait SUVs are rare in Ireland?[/citation]

Not in south Dublin they're not, or the 'posh' side of the city for anyone not in the know. Sandyford and Dundrum in particular seem to have abnormally high concentrations of the vehicles. I've often had to play frogger with them at pedestrian crossings on the way to work :)

tharkis842

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]yrmoma[/nom]This is a Hummer H1. Not a HMMWV. Not an H3. An H1. For the love of God. My job is to work on HMMWVs. I should know.It's a cool concept, though I wish they'd have chosen a better platform to base it off.[/citation]

Then you would realize the H1 is a near straight crossover of the HMMWV. Minus the military engine and various minor parts and a few "liveries" to add life to the vehicle.
I do agree that they should have used a more palatable platform. Oh well, maybe next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.