Alienware Brings LAN Party Hummer to Comic Con

Status
Not open for further replies.

polly the parrot

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
Hope they don't try playing shooters while on a gravel road.

Naturally, I'd be worried about car accidents in this thing. It looks like a kid with a skateboard running into it can do plenty of damage.

I'd say that a wide 18-wheeler that's enclosed, has seats, AC, and lights would be better. Also could fit more people for a more intensive LAN party. It would also win in a game of chicken with a skateboarder.

G

Attendee: "Wow, a mobile LAN party!"
Friend: "Let's play some StarCraft II! Oh wait..."

And thus ends the tragic tale :(

tipmen

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
[citation][nom]tragictale[/nom]Attendee: "Wow, a mobile LAN party!"Friend: "Let's play some StarCraft II! Oh wait..."And thus ends the tragic tale[/citation]

+1 sir! I wish SC2 had lan support

maxsp33d

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
It's a H1, this thing has really no other purpose other than advertising. Instead of a freakin SUV I would have used a Volkswagen T5 or a Merdes Benz Vito or Sprinter. It would have been so much cooler, and you wouldn't need a petrol tank following you...

thejerk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
[citation][nom]polly the parrot[/nom]Hope they don't try playing shooters while on a gravel road.[/citation]

Or, let anyone tattoo you in the back seat with Henry Rollins behind the wheel.

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Bully for me![/citation]
That's a rather German word for that kind of car Jane. But then again, anything bigger than a stationwagon is called a Bully here...these Germans really have no imagination at all! :p

G

Rubbish, they should have converted a Tour Bus into a mobile LAN studio, that way they could have toured the country holding Gaming contests in the Bus!

Lutfij

Titan
This truck was pulled from an afghan wreckage and was refurbished for use by dim witted marketers...they should sold the thing to china, scrapped off its material and built a stronger PC case and THEN showed it off at comic con

yrmoma

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
This is a Hummer H1. Not a HMMWV. Not an H3. An H1. For the love of God. My job is to work on HMMWVs. I should know.

It's a cool concept, though I wish they'd have chosen a better platform to base it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.