Alienware M15X 16GB Ram

Lieu Hennessy

Reputable
Apr 9, 2014
Hi guy so I'm kinda new here and I have read some topic about upgrade M15X to 16GB RAM, most of them said it's working and I did buy a Corsair Vengeance 16GB Ram. I put into my Alienware M15X and I ran into the problem that when ever I try to start up window (Mine is Window 8.1), it ran into problem Window Kernel Key, after I look this problem online I found out that the RAM is causing the problem.
So I boot into BIOS system and the memory isn't recognize with is obvious that the Alienware M15X only support up to 8GB RAM, but I have read topic that they said it work even the BIOS didn't recognize the memory card, I did try to put single RAM which is 8GB and it's still fail to start up window and I have to put my old 2 RAM which is 4GB X 2 and the window start up normal.

I currently have a
Intel core i7 620M 2.70ghz.
A09 Ver

I'm really want to upgrade my laptop RAM, if any one can help me solve this mystery upgrade to 16GB.

Legohouse

Honorable
May 13, 2013

Officially, it supports only upto 8GB of memory. So upgrading to 16GB is not a great idea. The people who claimed who got it working is by luck ...... it is often a gamble. So IMO it will not work.

TRENDING THREADS