Alienware M17x black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2018
hello and greetings i have an Alienware M17x. just recently the screens has not been displaying after boot splash. running windows 10 atm and graphics card is the 880m.
so when i turn it on it runs the "Alienware" splash on the laptop then goes black but still has the back light on. i run start up to bios setting and it worked fine and displayed everything fine. next i tried to connect a external monitor up and the external works fine but still no laptop screen but back light is still on. display setting is set to duplicate. i try to change it to extend and then both go black (back light still on). i can not change the resolution of the screens as i thought it may be a out of parameters error.
please help

Solution
It sounds like you have install a driver or a problem that wasn't compatible with your device. It also could have been a corrupted update process with Windows. I would recommend go to your last system restore point.

AroStewart

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015
It sounds like you have install a driver or a problem that wasn't compatible with your device. It also could have been a corrupted update process with Windows. I would recommend go to your last system restore point.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.