Question Alienware r12 clock watchdog timeout error

Apr 18, 2021
Hi, new to using this, not super pc educated. Dell tech support is dead on the weekend. So my brand new r12 won't run games without a clock watchdog timeout error. I've updated windows fully, my bios is up to date, clean install on the gpu. It briefly played 2, framerate was solid then freeze and blue screen. Sometimes it won't even make it into the game. I did no overclocking, it's default straight out of the box with games added. Does not crash on the desktop or online. Only at the beginning of games.
I9 11900kf
64 gb 3400

Hi Z32ands30.

Sounds like RAM instabilities, overheating or PSU issues.

Can you list the entire PC specs? Including PSU brand and model, drives, CPU cooler etc.

CPU and GPU temperature at idle and load?

I hope that system has a good model PSU with good wattages and a good CPU cooler.

Apr 18, 2021
Hi Z32ands30.

Sounds like RAM instabilities, overheating or PSU issues.

Can you list the entire PC specs? Including PSU brand and model, drives, CPU cooler etc.

CPU and GPU temperature at idle and load?

I hope that system has a good model PSU with good wattages and a good CPU cooler.

Thanks for the reply, it's alienware, they use ther own equipment. 1000w power supply. The moments it has ran for Microsoft flight sim it was going fine at 60fps, no issues then freeze to clock watchdog timeout.

Apr 18, 2021
Currently running a windows memory diagnostic tool on it. This is a newly released build by them, I'm hoping it's as simple as a driver issue. It ran most of yesterday installed Microsoft flight sim and unzipped and pushed over 100gb of scenery for xplane. No issues at all.

May 8, 2021
this is a memory config error with the R12.

only possibility is a bios update from dell but not guaranteed.

Currently running a windows memory diagnostic tool on it. This is a newly released build by them, I'm hoping it's as simple as a driver issue. It ran most of yesterday installed Microsoft flight sim and unzipped and pushed over 100gb of scenery for xplane. No issues at all.