Question Alienware r3 17" i7 6th LA-C912P unable to program KBC controller

Aug 8, 2022
Hi.

I really have been struggling with this laptop for a while. I had perfectly working laptop and I decided I will use it to play with freshly purchased SVOD4 programmer (What an idiot...). I did backup of all my chips UE2, UT2, UT5, UV10 BIOS and KBC.

After my first attempt wit the KBC I flashed it with downloaded EC just to find out it didn't pass the verification stage. First I thought it doesn't write properly to the chip, but now I think i does write to the chip, but for some strange reason is unable to read it back, it stops at the address of 0001000. So the backup I took originally from my KBC is corrupted. I have played with downloaded BIOS and EC even tried to do a clean ME Region.

I get all kind of different results from completely dead board no power on no fans nothing, through - fans spins but blank screen, to - seems to work fine but during system loading get bunch of blue screens complaining about certificates and not being able to boot windows installation from the USB. I really need a help with that one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I had perfectly working laptop and I decided I will use it to play with freshly purchased SVOD4 programmer (What an idiot...).
Just curious, why did you do it though? if it was in working order, wanting to experiment on it, you should've found a laptop that was bricked to bring it back to life. If it was dead all along, no harm done but if you could revive it, then celebrations.

What app did you use in tandem with the programmer?

certificates and not being able to boot windows installation from the USB
To me it seems like you've lost the genuine license that was programmed on the BIOS of the board, perhaps. I could be wrong.

Aug 8, 2022
Why did I do this? Being impatient that's what it was. I used original SVOD software. I believe that I have proper BIOS dump from my laptop, so I would focus on KBC only.