[SOLVED] Alienware SSD swap issue

Dfssxrjsqgll

Reputable
May 7, 2020
Guys,

Bought a Samsung 870 Evo for my Alienware 17 R4.
However, after the installation that disk is not showing up in bios and disk management. But RAID was able to detect it. Any fix?

thanks

Solution
The original, which was not being detected either. Must be a setting issue?

If you started your upgrade with a working drive and then added a second drive and now none work, it could be resolved by entering the bios and checking if everything is copasetic. Maybe even opening the pc up again and checking if all connections are good and properly plugged in.

Yes, of course. The original HDD is not being detected either.

Then I don't know what could be your issue here, but somebody here on these forums might be able to help you find out what is the resolve.

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
Did you buy it new from a reputable retailer where you can return, or was it a secondhand purchase?

Might just need to check settings in bios, the drive could be verified if dead or alive by having the correct setting.

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
The original, which was not being detected either. Must be a setting issue?

If you started your upgrade with a working drive and then added a second drive and now none work, it could be resolved by entering the bios and checking if everything is copasetic. Maybe even opening the pc up again and checking if all connections are good and properly plugged in.

Yes, of course. The original HDD is not being detected either.

Then I don't know what could be your issue here, but somebody here on these forums might be able to help you find out what is the resolve.

Solution