Alienware v Dell - dish the dirt!

canuck

Distinguished
May 27, 2001

I am moving shortly from UK to Canada and will (of course) need to replace
my system (currently Dell) I am intrigued by the Alienware as they seem to
offer high quality balanced with price, I have been happy with Dell but they
do seem a bit more expensive. So can anyone with experience of Alienware
please respond.

This bits for Canadians only:- Anyone know good PC retailers in the Fraser
Valley area of BC they can point me towards?

"Canuck" <someone@btinternet.com> wrote:

>I am moving shortly from UK to Canada and will (of course) need to replace
>my system (currently Dell)

Why 'of course' and *need*??

If it's because of power differences between the 2 countries, you
could get a new power supply much cheaper. Under $30 in the US - some
even much lower depending on the wattage rating of course. And they're
pretty well standardized and therefore easy to install. Unless of
course your Dell has some proprietary, non-standard hw in it - which
I've heard some used to have.

But if it's because you use the move as a excuse to get a new PC -
well that's another matter :))

-=tom=-

canuck

Distinguished
May 27, 2001

Shhhhhhhhhh! what are you trying to do to me here. My wife is under the
impression that the PC wont work with Canadian power! But to be frank it is
starting to struggle as its now 3 years old.

"Canuck" <someone@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Shhhhhhhhhh! what are you trying to do to me here. My wife is under the
> impression that the PC wont work with Canadian power! But to be frank it
is
> starting to struggle as its now 3 years old.

....that Canadian electricity,....baaadd stuff! It gonna take more potent
equipment to handle that ;-)

--

Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
www.wandtv.com

"Phillip Windell" <@.> wrote:

>"Canuck" <someone@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>> Shhhhhhhhhh! what are you trying to do to me here. My wife is under the
>> impression that the PC wont work with Canadian power! But to be frank it
>is
>> starting to struggle as its now 3 years old.
>
>...that Canadian electricity,....baaadd stuff! It gonna take more potent
>equipment to handle that ;-)

Yeah - it has no staying power either. Just because a tree shorts a
power line in Ohio (that's in the US, folks!) - the Canadian power
grid also comes down north of the great lakes :-((

No wonder they need special PC power supplies ... so they won't take
down the grid either ;-)))))))

-=tom=-

canuck

Distinguished
May 27, 2001

Oh you guys! Enough already! I should have guessed this would turn into a
Candaian bashing fest. Now be good all you yanks or I shall have to mention
the war of 1812. Hot diggity

Canuck wrote:
> Oh you guys! Enough already! I should have guessed this would turn
> into a Candaian bashing fest. Now be good all you yanks

'Septics' (some of my best friends are...)

Cheers,

Quilly

On 2005-04-05, Canuck <someone@btinternet.com> wrote:
> I am moving shortly from UK to Canada

You lucky bleeder. I can't get enough points for 'em to let me in.

Am I correct in assuming. from your name, that you're a native?

Justin.

--
Justin C by the sea.