Review Alienware x15 R2 Review: Sleek Design, Stunning Display

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Would not buy anything made by Dell.

Had been using an XPS 15 for several years and it was great but after getting my Lenovo ThinkPad I wont ever be going back to Dell.
They run way too loud, keyboard is inferior (IMO) to my Lenovo, and battery life was never very good.

When it comes to Alienware you are just paying for overpriced and poorly engineered products cleverly advertised.

saunupe1911

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2016
Would not buy anything made by Dell.

Had been using an XPS 15 for several years and it was great but after getting my Lenovo ThinkPad I wont ever be going back to Dell.
They run way too loud, keyboard is inferior (IMO) to my Lenovo, and battery life was never very good.

When it comes to Alienware you are just paying for overpriced and poorly engineered products cleverly advertised.

Lenovo has dropped some duds as well. The Intel mobile CPUs are to blame not Dell.

There's absolutely zero reason to buy an Intel powered laptop right now. Their inefficiency is just unexplainable.

Sleepy_Hollowed

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2017
Dang, the battery life is a bummer on an otherwise decent laptop that is also repairable.

I guess that if you're going to keep it in a desk, it's at least something to consider.

I strictly look at Alienware laptops because some of them have mechanical keys as an option, which is something very few have, and their newer designs are solid.

I do agree that they do include too much software, I'd remove most stuff that is not support software, or at least disable it, and as for others mentioning Dell quality, absolute insanity, you can get replacement parts from them directly for years after they've stopped selling a model, and they're incredibly good with the BIOS firmware updates.