Review Alienware x17 R2 Review: Top-Tier Power and Style

Feb 10, 2022
I do hope the x17 R2 checks out better than the R1 I just received in mid December. I had only started up the laptop 4 or 5 times and I began receiving memory and CPU errors as well as a variety of blue screen of death errors. It would not run for longer than 30 minutes or so before a blue screen event while running Rome:Total War, hardly a strenuous task for a system such as this. Luckily I had not loaded anything on the system yet to replace my main system. However, on contacting Alienware/ Dell support I received a 2 page list of updates and system checks I was to do myself before Dell "might" be able to help me out...yes they said might....on a brand new laptop that cost $3500! So far I have not been impressed. I cannot trust this system to replace my current one. Currently it is a 7 pound paperweight on my desk.

Aug 24, 2023
I love mine most of the time... has intermittent stability issues. But shames my last 4 laptops, MSI katana x3 (asasorted hardware failures) and MBP i9 (liked it until I didnt lol) But for what I do this beasty earns it's keep well enough. I think until i can just build a portable as i would my tower there will never be one quite like I want it.