Question alienware x51 r2 video expansion card ????

Oct 20, 2022
i am currently upgrading my first pc, like this is the first one i have ever worked on. my question is about this systems internal pci-e card slot that is being labeled as a video expansion card slot. can this be used as a normal pci-e or is it only for video? i am really trying to find out if i can use this pci-e slot to upgrade to a pci-e m.2 ssd because i really need something faster than the current hdd that transfers at 100-200 MBs. i am currently running a nvidia geforce gtx 1650 and 16gb ddr3 G.skill rippsaw ram.

Last edited:
i am currently upgrading my first pc, like this is the first one i have ever worked on. my question is about this systems internal pci-e card slot that is being labeled as a video expansion card slot. can this be used as a normal pci-e or is it only for video? i am really trying to find out if i can use this pci-e slot to upgrade to a pci-e m.2 ssd because i really need something faster than the current hdd that transfers at 100-200 MBs. i am currently running a nvidia geforce gtx 1650 and 16gb ddr3 G.skill rippsaw ram.
I think you will find that if you swap the hdd for a 2.5 ssd there will be very little diff in perf from a pcie m.2.

Reactions: Why_Me