Solution
If you are thinking about Alienware STOP. All you will be paying for is a nice looking case on the outside with a horrible inside for components and some stupid alien head symbol. Google their cases and you will see just a load of wires running all over the place that have not been routed properly. The company just isn't the same as it used to be. Also it looks as if they mainly use cheap mATX mobo's in their cases and looks as if you could not put a standard ATX in them because of the way the motherboard tray is. Alot of people are buying these high priced systems and are happy about them at the beginning until they begin to have problems with them....or they just dont perform right from the start. You can build your own or buy the...

jeremy1183

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
If you are thinking about Alienware STOP. All you will be paying for is a nice looking case on the outside with a horrible inside for components and some stupid alien head symbol. Google their cases and you will see just a load of wires running all over the place that have not been routed properly. The company just isn't the same as it used to be. Also it looks as if they mainly use cheap mATX mobo's in their cases and looks as if you could not put a standard ATX in them because of the way the motherboard tray is. Alot of people are buying these high priced systems and are happy about them at the beginning until they begin to have problems with them....or they just dont perform right from the start. You can build your own or buy the same from a different company with same specs for cheaper. It's a complete rip off. If you want to spend that much money then I suggest you go look at MainGear where the original founders of alienware are at now.

Solution

1shotheadshot

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
I just compared the same build I made with alienware's custom builder tool to a build made at newegg and it was 400 dollars cheaper than alienware. I am just nervous about building my own. I will more than likely just take the parts to a local shop and have it put together.