Alienware's "Allpowerful" Laptop is the M17x

Status
Not open for further replies.

srogeta

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
It looks freak en awesome this new alienware notebook but 1 question about the solid state drive I think there is a miss print of sort but it looks very cool. When is it coming out and price range at full spec?

ailgatrat

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
[citation][nom]al2suarez[/nom]I'm sorry to say but currently the fastest laptop is EUROCOM's D900F Panther at www.eurocom.com[/citation]

I was just checking out that other website and they do have a ton of options you can select. Maybe TH should start looking at some of these other vendors and compare them with the better known boutique builders?

As for the claim of one being faster than the others, I'd rather wait and see some benchmarks/comparisons. But still, all these new laptops look like good desktop replacements for those looking for portable LAN party machines! :)

al2suarez

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2008
What is the weight of an adult human head? It weighs about 12 pounds. The only exception to the rule are folks who go to starbucks with their laptops. Then the size of the head is much larger. Bigheadeditisis. "Boy, that person sure has a big head." C'mon guys, 12 pounds is nothing.

al2suarez

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2008
EUROCOM's D900F Panther does come with an i7 Nehalem from 2.66~3.33 GHz. I wish I could buy it but too darn expensive. Paying +$3K is just CRAZY!

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
but doesnt the panther allow only 1 280 instead of two like the alienware can. if thats the case then wouldn't it own the eurocom in gaming. plus the i7 wouldn't help a laptop any it would just drain battery like crazy well at least until a mobile version comes out.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I don't want to run Mass Effect with full effects on my laptop. This thing is so heavy it may as well be a desktop anyways. If I want to play games I'll play on my desktop and if I want to surf the web at the library I'll bring my laptop. It is impossible to combine the two into a desirable package and this machine is by no means desirable, at all. The closest thing to a gaming laptop and a desirable laptop is the Macbook Pro but who the hell wants to spend at least $2000 on a laptop? Not me.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
who is the ODM is what I want to know. Probably Clevo with those GPUs maybe Arima again. But this will be the best laptop to date.

FYI, the GTX280m is the same as a desktop GTS 250. Not the best, but great for a laptop, especially with the 9400m to save power on battery. This could be popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.