News Alienware's RTX 3080-Equipped Aurora R12 Drops to Its Lowest Price Ever

johntdurst

Reputable
Jun 25, 2018
I have read Tom's for probably a decade now without ever commenting. However, this article was too much.
"From the modern, stylish chassis that is easy to open, to the minimal bloatware and strong gaming performance, there’s a lot to love here. " The latest Alienware systems are universally panned as possibly the worst prebuilds you can buy. I know Tom's is getting a fat kickback here, but this one just got to me for whatever reason. Calling these Alienwares anything but junk is just too dishonest. The weird edgelord cases with swing-out power supplies are basically an oven designed to shorten your parts' life. While this is an intel-based system, Dell recently was caught basically welding a metal hockey puck to the bottom of coolers because they could not be bothered to buy coolers that actually properly mounted to their motherboards. TLDR LOW build quality is the reason why Alienware systems SCREAM loud noises constantly.

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
Even at the discounted price, I don't think it is worthwhile buying the Aurora series. You are paying quite a lot for a high end model that comes with gimped cooling solution. Even if one is to upgrade to the AIO cooling solution, it does not take away the fact that the cooling in the chassis is subpar and with a RTX 3080 in there, it may suffer a meltdown.

TRENDING THREADS