Alkowingdenying acess to 192.168.1.1

harryguy082589

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2005

IS there anyway i can have my computer only permit administrators to
even try and access a site (in this case 192.168.1.1)?

Thanks,

Dan

You would then not be able to access your network router which also would
prohibit you from getting on the internet. Is this what you want to do?

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"harryguy082589" <harryguy082589@comcast.net> wrote in message
> IS there anyway i can have my computer only permit administrators to
> even try and access a site (in this case 192.168.1.1)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan

Depends.

Give us more information about your network (Hardware, Schema, etc..) and
we'll be able to give you better answers.

Matt Gibson - GSEC

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 16:28:28 -0800, harryguy082589 wrote:

> IS there anyway i can have my computer only permit administrators to
> even try and access a site (in this case 192.168.1.1)?

I suspect you're trying to limit access to your router? If so, just put a
password on it - if you don't already have one, since you're running the
default IP subnet, you are risking compromise.

--
spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me